Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey folks

Just joined the forum, but I've been around for a few years like most of you. I've had this idea for a long time and figured I’d throw it out here since this community might actually appreciate it.

I would like to look at a game server the same way you’d look at a real country’s economy.

Instead of just “who’s rich” or “what items are expensive”, actually break it down properly with economic metrics. Stuff like:

  • Money supply (M1 / M2)
  • Inflation
  • Gini coefficient (inequality between players)
  • Money velocity (how fast gold moves around)
  • Wealth distribution
  • Liquidity distribution
  • Segmentation by player type (casuals, grinders, traders, etc.)

Then, once you have data over time, the fun part would be experimenting (or at least analyzing). The assumption is that by tweaking the Game's Economy (since the overall economy health plays such a big role into how engaging the game is) much like Central Banks and other institutions influence real world economy, we would be able to do the same as to maximize how vivid the economy _feels_.

It’s basically like having a mini country simulator to play with.

I’m not looking to get paid or anything — this is just something I’ve always wanted to do for fun, so this is what I would NOT need:

  • Get paid
  • PII, usernames, passwords, emails, etc

What I would need:

  • Tades, sells, items, prices, drops, etc. Anything economy related. 

So how would it work? 

Well, you call the shots. I can build a simple script that you host and control that will dump the data you agree to share to my side. Or I can build the whole thing in infra you control, whatever you want to do.

What's in it for you?

At the very least, you'll get pretty graphs. Best case scenario, we can make your server's economy better!

Obviously, the bigger the server the better!

 

 

Hopefully I'll find a fellow data geek to help a guy out

Cheers,

GunnerMBT

  • Think 1

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.