Jump to content

DumpProto cannot generate item_proto from item_proto.txt (Metin2 client) – build issues and missing includes


Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,
I’m trying to generate a client-side item_proto (binary) starting from an item_proto.txt exported from the database for a Metin2 client.

My goal is simple:
convert item_proto.txt → item_proto so the client can correctly load a new item (vnum 165800, “Prestige Ring (1d)”).

What I’ve done so far

I correctly added the item in the server database (item_proto table).

The item works server-side, but the client cannot load it:

CPythonPlayer::SetItemData(...) - Failed to item data

I verified that the problem is client-side (item_proto / item_list.txt).

Tools I tried

Online proto converters → not working / outdated

DumpProto tools found online → same result

So I decided to compile DumpProto from source.

DumpProto compilation attempt

OS: Windows 10

IDE: Visual Studio (latest)

Opened DumpProto.sln / dump_proto.vcxproj

Set configuration: Release | Win32

Problems encountered:

Missing toolset (v142) → fixed by retargeting to latest MSVC

After that, compilation fails with errors like:

Cannot open include file: ../../../Client/GameLib/StdAfx.h: No such file or directory ../../../Client/GameLib/ItemData.h: No such file or directory

The DumpProto source depends on client source headers that I do NOT have in this environment.

Because of this:

I cannot compile DumpProto.exe

I cannot generate item_proto

The client keeps failing to load the item

What I’m asking

Is there a working, standalone DumpProto build that does NOT require full client source?

Is there a reliable way to convert item_proto.txt to item_proto for modern clients?

Or am I missing a required step / file (item_list, proto structure mismatch, etc.)?

Any help from someone who already solved this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance 🙏

  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.