Jump to content

[Open Source Project : Metin2toUnity]


Recommended Posts

[Open Source Project : Metin2toUnity]

 

Hello Metin2 community!

I’m Metin2Avi, and for a long time I’ve dreamed of bringing the Metin2 experience to a wider audience particularly on mobile platforms. Today I’m taking the first steps toward realizing that dream.

Many players are now requesting mobile versions of their favorite games, and Metin2 certainly deserves to be among them.

 

I want to share this project as open source so that anyone can create their own mobile Metin2 game. For that purpose, I chose the Unity engine as the most suitable platform.

Unity feels almost tailor-made for Metin2, offering a natural look and feel.

Some are attempting this with engines like Unreal, but I don’t find that approach very fitting. I believe the classic aesthetic is always superior.

At this stage, I will continue developing (and we will continue collaborating on) the import tools used in the project.

 

Now, let me explain how you can access the project’s source files.

To enable ongoing development, I’ve uploaded my projects to GitHub.

You can download or review the import tools I’m using on my GitHub page below.

 

(If you encounter any errors, please comment on the forum thread or report issues on GitHub to help the community.)

spacer.png

Project GitHub Page: https://github.com/ProjectMetin2Avi

 

Currently, the project’s first milestone was to import the original Metin2 maps exactly as they are. I’m happy to say I’ve succeeded—though there are still a few minor hiccups. With a bit of tweaking, we can achieve flawless maps.

 

WARNING:

In your Unity project’s “Assets” folder, you need to include the original Metin2 files from the “zone” folder, converted from “.gr2” to “.fbx” (without renaming them—for example, a1-007-itemshop.gr2 → a1-007-itemshop.fbx).

For trees, convert the “.spt” files to “.fbx” (again, without renaming—for example, b1_baobab_rt.spt → b1_baobab_rt.fbx) and add them to your project.

NOTE: I will be publishing a tutorial video soon.

Edited by Metin2Avi
I removed the underlined text and changed the color (visual disturbance).
  • Metin2 Dev 7
  • Scream 1
  • Good 1
  • muscle 2
  • Love 14

976894325076135946.png

.png

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/33715-open-source-project-metin2tounity/
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Metin2Avi said:

[Open Source Project : Metin2toUnity]

 

Hello Metin2 community!

I’m Metin2Avi, and for a long time I’ve dreamed of bringing the Metin2 experience to a wider audience particularly on mobile platforms. Today I’m taking the first steps toward realizing that dream.

Many players are now requesting mobile versions of their favorite games, and Metin2 certainly deserves to be among them.

 

I want to share this project as open source so that anyone can create their own mobile Metin2 game. For that purpose, I chose the Unity engine as the most suitable platform.

Unity feels almost tailor-made for Metin2, offering a natural look and feel.

Some are attempting this with engines like Unreal, but I don’t find that approach very fitting. I believe the classic aesthetic is always superior.

At this stage, I will continue developing (and we will continue collaborating on) the import tools used in the project.

 

Now, let me explain how you can access the project’s source files.

To enable ongoing development, I’ve uploaded my projects to GitHub.

You can download or review the import tools I’m using on my GitHub page below.

 

(If you encounter any errors, please comment on the forum thread or report issues on GitHub to help the community.)

spacer.png

Project GitHub Page: https://github.com/ProjectMetin2Avi

 

Currently, the project’s first milestone was to import the original Metin2 maps exactly as they are. I’m happy to say I’ve succeeded—though there are still a few minor hiccups. With a bit of tweaking, we can achieve flawless maps.

 

WARNING:

 

 

In your Unity project’s “Assets” folder, you need to include the original Metin2 files from the “zone” folder, converted from “.gr2” to “.fbx” (without renaming them—for example, a1-007-itemshop.gr2 → a1-007-itemshop.fbx).

For trees, convert the “.spt” files to “.fbx” (again, without renaming—for example, b1_baobab_rt.spt → b1_baobab_rt.fbx) and add them to your project.

NOTE: I will be publishing a tutorial video soon.

I have published a tutorial video on the use of the tools. I will add the necessary files to the description section in the coming hours, some things are delayed because I am too busy. I wish success to the whole community now.

 

Video guide for the use of map import tools:

 

 

  • Flame 1

976894325076135946.png

.png

2 hours ago, Metin2Avi said:

I have published a tutorial video on the use of the tools. I will add the necessary files to the description section in the coming hours, some things are delayed because I am too busy. I wish success to the whole community now.

 

Video guide for the use of map import tools:

 

 

GitHub links to the source files used:

https://github.com/ProjectMetin2Avi/Metin2-to-Unity-Map-Tool

https://github.com/ProjectMetin2Avi/Metin2-to-Unity-Mesh-Tool

https://github.com/ProjectMetin2Avi/Metin2-to-Unity-Material-Tool

https://github.com/ProjectMetin2Avi/Metin2-to-Unity-Tree-Converter-SPT-to-FBX

https://github.com/ProjectMetin2Avi/Metin2-to-Unity-Gr2-Converter-Gr2-to-FBX

https://github.com/ProjectMetin2Avi/Metin2-to-Unity-Material-Shader-Ciconia-Studio

https://github.com/ProjectMetin2Avi/Metin2-to-Unity-DDS-Converter-DDS-to-PNG

 

 

 

  • Love 1

976894325076135946.png

.png

  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE :

Greetings again, there is very little time left until the map models for the package are finished. (After adding the map models successfully and regularly, our next step will be to complete the maps, this part will be quite fast).

Unpack Version Used : GF-25.0.5.0


spacer.png

976894325076135946.png

.png

-> Updated tool : Metin2 Terrain Tile Importer

-> Added feature : For Tile.raw files added on Terrain, a feature has been added to scroll in X and Z directions on Terrain.

In the previous version, Splatmaps created for Terrain maps were created with a slight deviation from where they should be created (both in X and Z positions), now this problem has been eliminated, so this problem has been eliminated for maps.

spacer.png

976894325076135946.png

.png

  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DPUfsEWirXM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

 

> Radeon 2 Global: Mobile -> Will be developed with Unity 6.

> What was tested in this video:

- Lightmap Shader -> The shader needed for dungeons to look original.

- Collider -> Flawless collider design creates invisible walls that prevent players from falling off the map or going outside.

- Occlusion Culling -> Necessary for optimization. Compared to previous versions, it provided a stable 60FPS experience even on low-end phones. (Test results obtained without any elements other than dungeons on stage yet)

- Natural camera movements (Zoom and camera movements while moving are definitely much better in this test than on current mobiles  )

 

 

 

976894325076135946.png

.png

Hello everyone, this is the first version of my tool that can read and play MSE-> (Metin2 Skill Effect) files in Unity.

Currently, MDE support is not available but will be added soon.

Optimizations will be made.

 

You can watch the video below to see how well the tool works.

 

 

  • Love 2

976894325076135946.png

.png

  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A particle engine built from scratch without using the Unity Particle System. This particle engine allows you to create effects one-to-one simply by dragging and dropping. (Drag the MSE file and that's it.) The tool is designed as an advanced tool that includes ECS, DOTS, Burst, Jobs, and dozens of other features. The project will now be developed for URP.
 


.png


 

976894325076135946.png

.png

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Honorable Member
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.