Jump to content

Strange client side atlasinfo.txt loading problem


Go to solution Solved by Werwolf94,

Recommended Posts

Hi all!

I have custom maps in my server and I discovered a strange bug when the client loads the atlasinfo.txt.
Maybe it occurs because the two maps are in the same base y coordinate at server side:spacer.png

If you arrange the client side atlasinfo.txt like this this:

metin2_map_01	921600	204800	4	5
metin2_map_02	819200	204800	4	5
metin2_map_03	102400	332800	3	3
metin2_map_04	204800	486400	6	6
metin2_map_duel	844800	0	1	1
metin2_map_m	768000	435200	2	2
season1/metin2_map_oxevent	870400	0	2	2
metin2_map_p1	32000	128000	2	3
metin2_map_p2	83200	128000	2	3
metin2_map_p3d	921600	0	2	2
metin2_map_p3m	32000	25600	1	4
metin2_map_sc	51200	25600	4	4
metin2_map_sd	185600	332800	3	3
metin2_map_t3	32000	0	1	1
metin2_map_t4	57600	0	1	1
metin2_map_wedding_01	819200	0	1	1

This happens:
spacer.png
Character standing at the correct map serverside (MapIndex is correct), you see mobs, NPC-s are correct but you see the client think you stand at the metin2_map_p3m map which is an 1x4 map but in the reality (serverside) character standing at metin2_map_sc map which in this case is the next line at the atlasinfo.txt.
This happens when I rearrange the atlasinfo.txt like this (metin2_map_p3m and metin2_map_sc are far from each other):

metin2_map_01	921600	204800	4	5
metin2_map_02	819200	204800	4	5
metin2_map_03	102400	332800	3	3
metin2_map_04	204800	486400	6	6
metin2_map_duel	844800	0	1	1
metin2_map_m	768000	435200	2	2
metin2_map_sc	51200	25600	4	4
metin2_map_sd	185600	332800	3	3
metin2_map_p1	32000	128000	2	3
metin2_map_p2	83200	128000	2	3
metin2_map_p3d	921600	0	2	2
metin2_map_p3m	32000	25600	1	4
metin2_map_t3	32000	0	1	1
metin2_map_t4	57600	0	1	1
metin2_map_wedding_01	819200	0	1	1
season1/metin2_map_oxevent	870400	0	2	2

This happens:
spacer.png
State informations are same but correct map appears at client side (metin2_map_sc).

So as conclusion you shouldn't write your atlasinfo.txt like server's folder arranged alphabetical order?
Or the same base_y can cause this error, you shouldn't put maps after each other to the client side atlasinfo.txt?

I have a fear I don't know how to arrange the client side atlasinfo.txt to prevent this "map mixing" error.

Thanks for any advice!
Have a nice day devs!

Edited by Werwolf94
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Solution

I think I found the solution, of course it was baseposition coordinate overlap.
But I was accidentally find the mistake.
AtlasinfoManager program has "sort on grid" option enabled default.
If that's enabled, you see at my first post it claims there is no collision detected.
If I disable it that happens:
spacer.png

So I modified metin2_map_sc's baseposition x from 51200 to 57600 and there is no overlap anymore (differential between metin2_map_p3m and metin2_map_sc x baseposition is: 25 600 before the correction it was 19200 I think that's not enough distance between two maps and it's caused the overlapping problem).

Conclusion: It's better to leave the Sort on grid checkbox empty when you use the atlasinfo manager program.

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.