Jump to content

Trouble Adding New Add 6/7 Item (71053) with USE_SPECIAL Type, Client Sending Different Packet Header


Go to solution Solved by astroNOT,

Recommended Posts

Hello!
I'm trying to add a new item to the game that behaves similarly to existing items of type USE_SPECIAL, such as 71051. I've created a new item in the proto (let's say 71053) with the same characteristics as 71051, but when I try to use it, the server sends packets with a different header to the client and the item doesn't work correctly.

I've checked the proto and it seems to be correctly defined. Is there something specific I need to do to ensure that the server correctly recognizes this new item and handles it properly?

  • On the server side, I've added a new case for 71053 in char_item.cpp, in the UseItemEx function, but my useitem doesn't seem to be called even in this case.
  • Additionally, I've noticed that for the working item (71051), the server receives a packet with header 60, while for the new item (71053), it sends a packet with header 13.

Any advice or hints are appreciated. Thank you!

Proto for 71051 working item:

71051	재가비서	ITEM_USE	USE_SPECIAL	1	ANTI_DROP | ANTI_SELL | ANTI_GIVE | ANTI_PKDROP | ANTI_MYSHOP	ITEM_STACKABLE | LOG	NONE	NONE	0	0	0	0	0	LIMIT_NONE	0	LIMIT_NONE	0	APPLY_NONE	0	APPLY_NONE	0	APPLY_NONE	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0

 

And for 71053 that is not working:

71053	Diff name	ITEM_USE	USE_SPECIAL	1	ANTI_DROP | ANTI_SELL | ANTI_GIVE | ANTI_PKDROP | ANTI_MYSHOP	ITEM_STACKABLE | LOG	NONE	NONE	0	0	0	0	0	LIMIT_NONE	0	LIMIT_NONE	0	APPLY_NONE	0	APPLY_NONE	0	APPLY_NONE	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0


Help a fellow brother out ?

Edited by astroNOT
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Solution

In uiinventory.py
Search for

        elif constInfo.ENABLE_SELF_STACK_SCROLLS and srcItemVID in (71052,71051,71084,71085):


And add ur item code

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.