Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Lycawn said:

Recently , Disk space been used massively like - from 33gb to 42 in a matter of few days , so my VDI max space is 70 how can i increase it ?

Hi!
I also had a problem with this, but I solved it by downloading a ready-made vhd machine from freebsd ftp and moving the entire var and usr and, of course, all the other folders I had created, i.e. /home, etc.,
Unfortunately, I can't give you a solution on how to pack var and usr, but I can perform such a migration for you. If you have your src code there and you don't want me to have it, you can pack the src files, remove them from the bsd, pack the whole machine using 7zip and setting it to "Ultra" and obviously it will take a long time to pack but the size will be something like 1-2gb maybe 4gb max and upload it for me and I will migrate everything to your new machine and you will have it then if the problem comes back again, just transfer the files src from one to the other and the problem is solved.

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31766-disk-space/#findComment-161018
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, kamil2321 said:

Hi!
I also had a problem with this, but I solved it by downloading a ready-made vhd machine from freebsd ftp and moving the entire var and usr and, of course, all the other folders I had created, i.e. /home, etc.,
Unfortunately, I can't give you a solution on how to pack var and usr, but I can perform such a migration for you. If you have your src code there and you don't want me to have it, you can pack the src files, remove them from the bsd, pack the whole machine using 7zip and setting it to "Ultra" and obviously it will take a long time to pack but the size will be something like 1-2gb maybe 4gb max and upload it for me and I will migrate everything to your new machine and you will have it then if the problem comes back again, just transfer the files src from one to the other and the problem is solved.

I am looking like a way to find out what fills out so much space so fast ? cleaned all Logs and syserrs  .. also cleaned an 8GB Syserr but seems like nothing changed in total Space

spacer.png

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31766-disk-space/#findComment-161051
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lycawn said:

I am looking like a way to find out what fills out so much space so fast ? cleaned all Logs and syserrs  .. also cleaned an 8GB Syserr but seems like nothing changed in total Space

Hmm, maybe first I will discuss the size of the vdi/vhd disk and the actual size in the BSD system (df -h)
To begin with, each virtual machine in metina is made dynamic and this has its advantages and disadvantages.
Dynamic - the size of the .vdi, .vhd, etc. file increases with demand - recommended for someone who does not care about the allocated virtual and physical space, i.e. on the machine we can have, for example, 6 GB of occupied space, but the virtual disk may have 30 GB because that in the past, for example, files were unpacked and then backups were made, then compilations etc. and the space demand has almost doubled (usually it increases by 51% of a given virtual disk occupancy) and after deleting this data, the virtual size of such a disk will not decrease, unfortunately
Fixed size - this is one that does not change and there is a constant disk size .vdi, .vhd - the preferred output when we do not want our virtual machine to have e.g. 60 GB of virtual disk and the actual value inside would be 5 GB, then it is worth considering this option and then, after using the df -h command, it will be as much as it should be and will not exceed, e.g. 30gb if we set a fixed size of 30gb (you can always increase such a disk or add another virtual dynamic or fixed disk as an additional partition on e.g. for metin file, etc.)

If you want to see which folder weighs a lot, I recommend running the command:
du -sh /*
If you want to save results to txt, I recommend:
du -sh /* >> /check_disk.txt

If you want to check which folder weighs a lot inside, e.g. all the files:
du -sh /*/*

If you want to see how much /usr weighs:
du -sh /usr

If you want to see which folders in usr weigh a lot:
du -sh /usr/*

Etc., I recommend this option, of course there are other methods, but this method is universal and transparent, I think.

And finally, to change the dynamic disk (its physical value on a computer weighing e.g. 80 GB), it is best to migrate such a machine to a newer one with the setting to a permanent disk and then it will not exceed the physical space. There is also a method of compacting VDI VHD disks, but I do not recommend it because I don't know, maybe the compact will reduce the occupied virtual disk of the physical scale by 20%, so it is more profitable to migrate to a permanent disk with a size of e.g. 20 GB and if there is a greater demand for the disk, simply add another one. partition and mount another partition and add it to boot in fstab, mounting a partition on ufs is trivial, example the name of partition no. 4 to be mounted to the /mnt folder:
mount -t ufs /dev/ada0p4s /mnt
or:
mount /dev/ada0p4s /mnt
unmount:
umount /mnt

I didn't want to write down the topology of the dynamic disk because I would have to write it down in size letter A4 XD and I wrote a lot so I apologize for it and for my bad English.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31766-disk-space/#findComment-161053
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, kamil2321 said:

Hmm, maybe first I will discuss the size of the vdi/vhd disk and the actual size in the BSD system (df -h)
To begin with, each virtual machine in metina is made dynamic and this has its advantages and disadvantages.
Dynamic - the size of the .vdi, .vhd, etc. file increases with demand - recommended for someone who does not care about the allocated virtual and physical space, i.e. on the machine we can have, for example, 6 GB of occupied space, but the virtual disk may have 30 GB because that in the past, for example, files were unpacked and then backups were made, then compilations etc. and the space demand has almost doubled (usually it increases by 51% of a given virtual disk occupancy) and after deleting this data, the virtual size of such a disk will not decrease, unfortunately
Fixed size - this is one that does not change and there is a constant disk size .vdi, .vhd - the preferred output when we do not want our virtual machine to have e.g. 60 GB of virtual disk and the actual value inside would be 5 GB, then it is worth considering this option and then, after using the df -h command, it will be as much as it should be and will not exceed, e.g. 30gb if we set a fixed size of 30gb (you can always increase such a disk or add another virtual dynamic or fixed disk as an additional partition on e.g. for metin file, etc.)

If you want to see which folder weighs a lot, I recommend running the command:
du -sh /*
If you want to save results to txt, I recommend:
du -sh /* >> /check_disk.txt

If you want to check which folder weighs a lot inside, e.g. all the files:
du -sh /*/*

If you want to see how much /usr weighs:
du -sh /usr

If you want to see which folders in usr weigh a lot:
du -sh /usr/*

Etc., I recommend this option, of course there are other methods, but this method is universal and transparent, I think.

And finally, to change the dynamic disk (its physical value on a computer weighing e.g. 80 GB), it is best to migrate such a machine to a newer one with the setting to a permanent disk and then it will not exceed the physical space. There is also a method of compacting VDI VHD disks, but I do not recommend it because I don't know, maybe the compact will reduce the occupied virtual disk of the physical scale by 20%, so it is more profitable to migrate to a permanent disk with a size of e.g. 20 GB and if there is a greater demand for the disk, simply add another one. partition and mount another partition and add it to boot in fstab, mounting a partition on ufs is trivial, example the name of partition no. 4 to be mounted to the /mnt folder:
mount -t ufs /dev/ada0p4s /mnt
or:
mount /dev/ada0p4s /mnt
unmount:
umount /mnt

I didn't want to write down the topology of the dynamic disk because I would have to write it down in size letter A4 XD and I wrote a lot so I apologize for it and for my bad English.

Thank you for your explanation ❤️

 

  • Love 1

spacer.png

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31766-disk-space/#findComment-161055
Share on other sites

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.