Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out how it used to be possible to bypass the old torrent patcher from the official Metin2 and start the client without a patcher.

The reason why I want to start without the torrent patcher is that I have created a language pack for the official Metin2 Brazil and the community often has the problem to use the language pack because the patcher updates the changed files again. I can't figure out what the patcher does in addition to generating the key using the date/time.

I already have a batch script with which I get the client started partially without problems. However, I must have started the client every 2 minutes once with the normal patcher, because this still changes 4 in my opinion dummy files in the client. If I started the client at 15:00 with the patcher normally, then I am able to start the client with my batch file without the patcher until 15:02. After exactly 2 minutes I have to run the patcher again to make it work with my batch file again. I see that after each patch operation the following files are processed:

/lib/xml/dom/minidomer.pyc
/lib/xml/parser/invers.pyc
/pack/metin2_patch_nodelar.eix
/pack/metin2_patch_nodelar.epk

At least the .eix and .epk files I can't unpack with PackMaker unfortunately.

The batch script looks like this:

@ echo off
echo 116807 >> 003254
set /a key = 781072347 + (%TIME:~3,2% * 2) + 2
metin2client.bin %key%

Does anyone know what the patcher does additionally and why I can't start the client with my batch file after two minutes?

 

  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.