Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Active+ Member

Hello, the client has been completely shutting down while teleporting in the game for a few days. No syserr and debug logs.
I've been trying to detect the error since yesterday, finally when I got to the bottom of it, I caught the error from:

spacer.png

 

The game crashes at this point.
There is no source for this anywhere, and it's probably a problem with every server files. I looked at some shared memory leak fixes, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with it.
If you want to test it, teleport the character several times without giving up. Sometimes the game crashes in the first 5-10 tries, sometimes in 30-40 attempts. So you know, it can happen suddenly.
Does anyone have any information on the subject?

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/30466-client-crash-memory-leak/
Share on other sites

  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Active+ Member
1 hour ago, xXIntelXx said:

Yes, everytime you tp the client will occupy additional 10~70MB of RAM and, after 4GB (because of the 32bit architecture) it would crash.

I understand Thank you.
So is there any way to solve this?

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/30466-client-crash-memory-leak/#findComment-155722
Share on other sites

  • Premium
2 hours ago, blaxis said:

I understand Thank you.
So is there any way to solve this?

Visual Studio debugger, memory heap profiler, snapshot before and after a teleport and then having fun to track what the hell is leaking (most probably UI related stuff)

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/30466-client-crash-memory-leak/#findComment-155726
Share on other sites

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.