How powerful server you need to host Metin2 Private Server ?

So as I said in title I was wondering how powerful server do you need to host for example Metin2 Private Sever for maximum of 10 000 active player at the same time ?

Hardware and money wise, also how much bandwidth does it needs to operate normally? I head that minecraft depending on mods installed can chew up to 1.5mbit upload per player without breaking a sweat.. is that true ?

Or is it cheaper to rent some host for your server ?

Also I was wondering how much money does it take to make an average OldSchool private server ? (~30 maps) (4-6 channels)(multilanguage,switchbot, etc..)

Edited by Japadnik

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, GenraliDev said:

Why would you compile the server files on 32bit? There is literally no gain from that.

Have you ever tried to compile server files on a 64bit machine? You can do that, but you need a 32bit jail.
The server files cannot be compiled on a 64bit machine, so the maximum is 4GB per channel.

The problem exists because 32-bit libraries are used that are not compatible with 64-bit.

6 hours ago, SinusAlpha said:

Have you ever tried to compile server files on a 64bit machine? You can do that, but you need a 32bit jail.
The server files cannot be compiled on a 64bit machine, so the maximum is 4GB per channel.

The problem exists because 32-bit libraries are used that are not compatible with 64-bit.

You are wrong.

Just compile the libraries also with -march=x86-64.

• Good 1

On 1/25/2023 at 12:40 AM, Japadnik said:

So as I said in title I was wondering how powerful server do you need to host for example Metin2 Private Sever for maximum of 10 000 active player at the same time ?

Hardware and money wise, also how much bandwidth does it needs to operate normally? I head that minecraft depending on mods installed can chew up to 1.5mbit upload per player without breaking a sweat.. is that true ?

Or is it cheaper to rent some host for your server ?

Also I was wondering how much money does it take to make an average OldSchool private server ? (~30 maps) (4-6 channels)(multilanguage,switchbot, etc..)

Hi,

If you want to maximize your capacity, best way the do that; give 4GB Ram to each core. ( Ex; 3 Core to 1 Channel 4 * 3 = 12 GB, suppose there are 4 channels 12 * 4 = 48 GB ) So you need minimum 48 GB Ram, also you need new generation SSD and kind a new processor and lastly, good internet speed.

Best Regards, MT2Dev.

• kekw 1

spacer.png

MT2Dev ©