Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Premium

Hello community,

I have been inactive for a while and wanted to start again on my own project.

The project is mainly for educational purpose.

I started to update my source so I can compile it with newer compilers. (Freebsd)

For this, I allready found some helpfull topics here on this forum.

But now I wanted to know, is it better to compile your source via Freebsd or CMake?

I would appreaciate if someone could answer me that question.

 

Kind regards.

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/29981-source-via-cmake-or-freebsd/
Share on other sites

  • Active Member

You probably misunderstood the meaning of CMake. CMake is a cross-platform tool that will generate project files for your FreeBSD platform (eg. Makefiles), but you can also use it to generate Visual Studio project if you're developing on Windows using the same configuration files.

  • Good 1
  • Premium
20 minutes ago, Sonitex said:

You probably misunderstood the meaning of CMake. CMake is a cross-platform tool that will generate project files for your FreeBSD platform (eg. Makefiles), but you can also use it to generate Visual Studio project if you're developing on Windows using the same configuration files.

I certainly did, thank you very much for the short summary.

Really though it was an alternative programm you can use to compile your source.

Next time I should read more precisely.

 

Thank you very much!

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.