about official protos

Go to solution Solved by Amun,

• Contributor

I already gave you all the clues in the topic.

Now, to answer your question, assuming you've updated your dump proto, just add a new item in item_proto.txt, add the name in item_names.txt, then put both of them in the same folder with your dump_proto.exe and run it.

After the proto is combined and compressed, put it in client/locale/xx, encrypt and run the client to test the changes. 

Adding the same changes to your server's proto and restarting it is already implied.

Edit: Here's the source for dump_proto(I'm using it for my source). It's already updated to v22.0.8(I didn't bother checking for other proto updates). 

This is the hidden content, please

Edited by Amun
dump_proto v22.0.8
  • Metin2 Dev 7
  • Think 1
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, Amun said:

I already gave you all the clues in the topic.

Now, to answer your question, assuming you've updated your dump proto, just add a new item in item_proto.txt, add the name in item_names.txt, then put both of them in the same folder with your dump_proto.exe and run it.

After the proto is combined and compressed, put it in client/locale/xx, encrypt and run the client to test the changes. 

Adding the same changes to your server's proto and restarting it is already implied.

Edit: Here's the source for dump_proto(I'm using it for my source). It's already updated to v22.0.8(I didn't bother checking for other proto updates). 

Thank you for info and share. What is zip password?  https://metin2.download/picture/cu01qfq1rSGb0nd21kttnjU10V2p0vYd/.jpg

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

1 hour ago, Amun said:

It doesn't have one. Maybe m2 downloads added one for some reason.

Here's from mega:

I can login the game with the item_proto file here without compiling with dump proto.

but it gives error after compiling

invalid item_proto[locale/br/item_proto] STRIDE[191] != sizeof(SItemTable)[199]

• Love 1

• Management
2 hours ago, Amun said:

It doesn't have one. Maybe m2 downloads added one for some reason.

Here's from mega:

Yes, Metin2 Download has detected a virus (or a false positive) (Virus Total API).
The archive is encrypted with a password to bypass anti-virus and browser security (automatic).

The password is displayed on the file page before downloading.

• Metin2 Dev 1
  • Confused 1

• Contributor
16 minutes ago, ASIKOO said:

Yes, Metin2 Download has detected a virus (or a false positive) (Virus Total API).
The archive is encrypted with a password to bypass anti-virus and browser security (automatic).

The password is displayed on the file page before downloading.

Yeah, it seems like the already compiled exe files are marked as viruses. Should I update the archive and remove them? I mean, it takes 5 seconds to compile dump_proto, so I don't think they really need to be there.

20 minutes ago, adv1453 said:

I can login the game with the item_proto file here without compiling with dump proto.

but it gives error after compiling

invalid item_proto[locale/br/item_proto] STRIDE[191] != sizeof(SItemTable)[199]

Check your client's TItemTable, they have to be identical for it to work(server-side as well). In dump_proto's source you'll find the table in data.h, in the client I think it's in gameLib/GameType.h or ItemData.h(can't remember, I don't have them there anymore).

Edit:

Archive updated, virustotal passed:

Edited by Amun
VT
  • Metin2 Dev 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1