State of Private Server Metin2?

3 minutes ago, Sonitex said:

Ah that one, well as you can see that was almost 5 years ago. They did cancel most of P-Server footage on YouTube but that is about it. Did not cancel any server directly whatsoever. 

28b2712feee9479abac9b39bdefc68f2.png.51f

I know they did some legal action on some servers thats why I wanna know how is it right now

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

In Turkey GF has no legal rights, because they don't pay any taxes like they don't have any contact here, as far I know. Maybe I'm wrong. If turkey says " You sell your product here and take our people money, you need to take license from us." And if they don't do that like paypal, Turkey can shut down all their job here...

GF is a German company so, they can do legal actions to German pvp servers, its not unusual thing. But in Turkey only can do is  youtube copyrights etc... 

• Good 1

4 hours ago, Sonitex said:

Ah that one, well as you can see that was almost 5 years ago. They did cancel most of P-Server footage on YouTube but that is about it. Did not cancel any server directly whatsoever. 

They did, only because you didnt heared about cancelled server doesnt mean it didnt happend. I know two servers which got busted from gf.

• Good 1

3 hours ago, cncn said:

Can u give names or detail ? It has to be copyrights like they put metin2 somewhere in their game.

If a serverfiles is a leak of the original content, and they have rights on they content I think they have legal rights to put someone down if they trie to recreate their game 844ff93efd2fee135dc712440c2d5608.png

What I want to know if they are still seeking to put down private servers? or if in those 5 years did they put someone down after that 

Some servers that went down

ee88c101a79da85784f704dfd3eeffe7.png

Rubinum was one of those too

Edited by Metin2 Dev

7 hours ago, NinjaForcePT said:

If a serverfiles is a leak of the original content, and they have rights on they content I think they have legal rights to put someone down if they trie to recreate their game 844ff93efd2fee135dc712440c2d5608.png

What I want to know if they are still seeking to put down private servers? or if in those 5 years did they put someone down after that 

The other two server i know arent in that list and i dont know if they still hunt for servers, i think yes but only if it doesnt take that much effort.

Edited by Metin2 Dev

On 3/3/2021 at 1:06 PM, DrTurk said:

The other two server i know arent in that list and i dont know if they still hunt for servers, i think yes but only if it doesnt take that much effort.

On 3/3/2021 at 5:17 AM, NinjaForcePT said:

I'm not a law student or anything. Maybe someone who knows can enlighten us.

I haven't played for almost 10 years. My knowledge comes from some youtube videos. 

They fired community manager and he opened private server right after. They hired Edilee as staff and opened Turkey server with him and they fired him and didn't give his 400.000 Euro (according to his claim). His wife sued them.  Of course they has right on content but if they want to put a pvp down, I guess they need to do some legal actions and in my opinion that not so easy for Turkey... 

Edited by Metin2 Dev