Weird memory issues

Hi. Sometimes I face client crashes when I teleport. I have no syserr, but I tried to debug it and I got the following error. 

Exception thrown at 0x011C4190 in metin2client.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0088F000.

The image is created like this:

static CDXTCImage image;

Please help me, sorry for the white IDE

Update: Turned off every optimization, so the unable to read memory problem on the second picture (if its a problem) is solved now, but the client is still crashing at the memcpy assembly code. I guess it has something to do with the buffer memory allocation regarding the image's m_pbComBufferByLevels array which was initialized like this: const BYTE* m_pbCompBufferByLevels[MAX_MIPLEVELS];

I think the other possible cause of this is some memory leak or trashing somewhere not here, idk about these. Maybe Im total wrong, but doesnt matter, these problems are beyond my cpp skills, so I would appreciate some hints about how to analyze it.

18452501.png

18461802.png

Edited by Lokret

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: Turned off every optimization, so the unable to read memory problem on the second picture (if its a problem) is solved now, but the client is still crashing at the memcpy assembly code. I guess it has something to do with the buffer memory allocation regarding the image's m_pbComBufferByLevels array which was initialized like this: const BYTE* m_pbCompBufferByLevels[MAX_MIPLEVELS];

I think the other possible cause of this is some memory leak or trashing somewhere not here, idk about these. Maybe Im total wrong, but doesnt matter, these problems are beyond my cpp skills, so I would appreciate some hints about how to analyze it.