Character encoding and locale.lua error

Hello,

I'm just starting my first private server and I'm having a couple of issues.

Whenever I try to edit locale.lua and add any accentuated characters to its strings, the server throws an error on started that says something like "Incomplete string on..." and then a bunch of data dumps errors.

Apart from that, when editing the GM login announcement, accentuated characters show up as weird characters since the server doesn't recognize them (this only happens with this one message, every other announcement I make using the /n command shows up correctly).

I know I have to change the encoding somehow but I've spent hours googling and couldn't find anything like this.

I'm in a hurry right now but when I come back I'll try to upload some screenshots of the errors.

I'd appreciate if someone could help me. Thank you.

UPDATE: the locale.lua error happens whenever I make any kind of edit in the document. At first I thought It had something to do with special characters, but the original file that works fine already contains some of these.

Edited by Vic

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic