Can't assign requested address

Hello.I tested my server with hamachi and everything works fine.Now I want to use my external ip address to connect to the server.

I forwarded the following ports in my router: 21, 3306, 11003 (auth), 13001 through 13100. (ch1 is 13001).

I disabled the firewall on FreeBSD, and I modified the ip address in my serverinfo.py in the client.

But I cannot connect to the server.I get socket_tcp_bind: tcp_socket: Can't assign requested address in the auth logs.

I tried adding BIND_IP: external ip    to all my config files (auth, ch1,s_ch1 and special_ch), but I get the same error.

What is the problem? How can I solve this ? I have to mention that I can connect to the ftp server and to mysql with navicat using the external ip address.

Edit: Just to give a little more information on how the network interface is configured on the virtual machine.For the IPv4 Gateway I entered 192.168.100.1 (my router's ip address -> it was listed as the Default Gateway in the ipconfig output on windows).For netmask I entered 255.255.255.0 and for the nameserver 192.168.100.1.

For the inet I put 192.168.100.52 and in the router's port forwarding section I routed the ports to this ip.

If a type ifconfig on the guest it gives me the correct ip address (192.168.100.52).

Edit2: I used Visual Code to search the content of the entire source code of the server for hardcoded ip adresses using regex.Nothing was found.

But still I cannot connect to the server using the metin client.

Edited by middleftw

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic