FoxFS - From eix / epk

Hey,

I want to convert a client with .eix .epk files into FoxFS, but when i'm trying to convert them like into 1 file all the npc etc from metin2_patch seems that there is duplicates and i want to avoid any mistakes

and replace new version of a file with the old, should i follow the index file priority? or is there any script that convert them automatically? Should i do it manualy?

Edited by HITRON

• Premium

When removing the INDEX, you need to be carefull with your search method, and notice if its searching by FILE or INDEX.

You can replicate the order in your executabe following the order at your INDEX.

But while you are at it, i advise you to merge the whole client into a single folder, replacing files according to the reverse INDEX order.

That way it will ask you to replace files (you accept) eliminating the duplicates.

You need first to remove the seasonX/ from your client.

That will give you some work but you will end up with a no duplicates slightly smaller client.

Then you wont have to worry about packs loading order (its just another bad practice from webzen).

• Love 1

3 hours ago, tierrilopes said:

When removing the INDEX, you need to be carefull with your search method, and notice if its searching by FILE or INDEX.

You can replicate the order in your executabe following the order at your INDEX.

But while you are at it, i advise you to merge the whole client into a single folder, replacing files according to the reverse INDEX order.

That way it will ask you to replace files (you accept) eliminating the duplicates.

That will give you some work but you will end up with a no duplicates slightly smaller client.

Then you wont have to worry about packs loading order (its just another bad practice from webzen).

Thank you for your answer.

I did it completely manualy and following the index priority by file and i just replace everything with priority, i still keep seasonX files but with priority in the RegisterPack / Index to avoid any issues with old / new files, is not much work to remove it either but i think i want to keep it separete this one.

I had also a issue with Property file but did some changes in Gamelib / Property files and with a Python Script that i did i converting everything into .xml or list file even the Chinese characters is allowed now and not need to rename every folder, everything working fine.

#closerequest

• 1 year later...
On 2/2/2020 at 6:17 PM, tierrilopes said:

Sorry for bumping a 2-year old post, but Season1 seems to have updated and higher resolution textures, so I wouldn't remove anything from there, instead, what I would do is just replace the textures in there with their counterparts in the other files.