• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

8 hours ago, arves100 said:

ld: skipping incompatible foo when searcing for -lfoo

This happends when the library you are linking is on a different architetture than the program you're buiding
For example: -lfoo is compiled with 64-bit support but game.exe is compiled with 32-bit support, the compiler will skip the library because it's not with 32-bit support.
FIX: Change the architetture of the library the architetture that the application is using (usually change -m64 to -m32 if you are on a 32-bit program or vice versa, also --march/mips must be the same)

Thanks, that fixed it for me!

For anyone else that has the same problem (because i could not find help elsewhere):

After you replace -m32 with -m64 i recommend you to do gmake clean first. If you get an error saying that for example libthecore.a is incompatible, go to the libthecore folder, replace -m32 with -m64 in makefile, gmake clean and then compile. Perfect! Thank you so much