How can I spawn a NPC for limited time

Hi, I've been working on a quest that when you kill one specific mob, it spawns a NPC.

Well, spawn the NPC was easy, but i can't despawn him:P

I thing that maybe because they are in diferent "prepositions, 'when'..." maybe the purge command can not recognize/link to the summon code or the summoned mob.

Here is my quest.

PS* the Hi! menssage is just to "see" time limit.

quest portal_to_forest begin
    state start begin
        when 6405.kill begin
            local x = (pc.get_local_x())
            local y = (pc.get_local_y())
            mob.spawn(9020 , x , y , 1)
            timer("timing", 5)
        end
        when timing.timer begin
            notice_all("Hi!")
            npc.purge()
        end
    end
end

I've already tried the following commands:

npc.purge(9020 , x , y , 1)

mob.spawn(9020 , x , y , -1) (I know -_- but maybe it could work...)

npc.kill()

npc.kill(9020 , x , y , 1)

• Premium
20 hours ago, Sonitex said:

I suppose you are doing an Arboreal Menace dungeon. You can use these two functions for that. It should work I think :) 

d.set_unique("teleport", d.spawn_mob(9020, pc.get_local_x(), pc.get_local_y()))

d.purge_unique("teleport")

Well im trying to do the same think, but that command you gave only works on Devil's Tower, i try on Temple Ochao and did nothing :|

Can you help me ?

• Premium
1 hour ago, Red said:

Well im trying to do the same think, but that command you gave only works on Devil's Tower, i try on Temple Ochao and did nothing :|

Can you help me ?

There is no 'map-index' condition for this function to work. As I said, you must enter the map as dungeon for it to work since this is a dungeon based function. Try adding d.in_dungeon() like this to avoid any unnecessary errors:

when kill with d.in_dungeon() begin

The problem is entering the map asa dungeon...I did it, but is not a commun dongeon, i wanted that to be a common dungeon like GF servers, whene veryone can enter the same map but as a dungeon.

I've tried the warp command with two chars with the following funcions:

d.join() -- warp to the dungeon, but create a unique map just for one.

d.new_jump_all() -- warp to the dungeon, but also create a unique map just for one.

d.jump() -- that just don't work, does nothing...

Well I'm out of ideas :P

• Bronze
2 hours ago, RcDragon said:

The problem is entering the map asa dungeon...I did it, but is not a commun dongeon, i wanted that to be a common dungeon like GF servers, whene veryone can enter the same map but as a dungeon.

I've tried the warp command with two chars with the following funcions:

d.join() -- warp to the dungeon, but create a unique map just for one.

d.new_jump_all() -- warp to the dungeon, but also create a unique map just for one.

d.jump() -- that just don't work, does nothing...

Well I'm out of ideas :P

Maybe you can try

d.new_jump_party() - Group

d.new_jump() - Solo

42 minutes ago, enzi said:

Maybe you can try

d.new_jump_party() - Group

d.new_jump() - Solo

Yes I know but, I don't want properly a dungeon, I just want the map be considered as a dungeon, because if I use those function, the map will create a dimenssion/channel for that group or player, and none will be able to enter at the same channel as other players/groups. I've treid with two chars, and it work, but those chars are not at the same channel or dimenssion, exactly as Demon Tower, but on GF servers, if u enter the maze, u see other players. Thats my biggest problem.

I've been treying to find a way to spawn and despawn a NPC or MOB without dungeon funcions, but i can't find it, i think that don't exist those funcions, without source edit.

Anyway if someone know how to do that with quest event (game.set_event etc...) or something else plz tell me. I'll be glad as fuck! xD