About top command and RAM memory

Hi guys. I have a problem with my server. Sometimes i get extreme lag and i get in syserr "heart_idle: losing x seconds. (lag occured)".

I tryed to look into this problem and using the "top" command i saw that this problem happens when Free memory tab is very low. 

I attached a photo to understand better what i talk about.

Now is 15MB and the server runs fine (even if still very low memory), but sometimes the Free memory drops at about 3KB and i get lag.

Now, i want to know in first place if this is reffering to the RAM memory and not some virtual memory and secound, how i can solve the problem?

The RAM memory from the host is 1GB (at least that's what they say).

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Capture.JPG

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Honorable Member
11 hours ago, Vassy said:

Hi guys. I have a problem with my server. Sometimes i get extreme lag and i get in syserr "heart_idle: losing x seconds. (lag occured)".

The RAM memory from the host is 1GB (at least that's what they say).

1gb of ram is too low. It's not even worth mentioning. You can easily run a full metin2 server with at least 2gb of ram. (kimsufi ks-1 costs €5/mo)

One of the reasons you can get lag on crappy machines is also the i/o usage. You can check it with top -m io (100% doesn't mean full 100% usage, but only the program that is taking much resource so far... usually sendmail, which you can disable)