Linking error after upgrade boost and cryptopp

Hello community, today I decided to upgrade boost-libs (1.55.0_10) and cryptopp (5.6.2_2) via pkg.

I rezolved the compilation errors, but I have linking errors, most probably from cryptopp.

Spoiler

linking ../game_juppsy....

OBJDIR/cipher.o:(.rodata._ZTVN8CryptoPP36CipherModeFinalTemplate_CipherHolderINS _16BlockCipherFinalILNS_9CipherDirE0ENS_7SHACAL23EncEEENS_20ConcretePolicyHolder INS_5EmptyENS_22AdditiveCipherTemplateINS_20AbstractPolicyHolderINS_28AdditiveCi pherAbstractPolicyENS_14CTR_ModePolicyEEEEESA_EEEE[_ZTVN8CryptoPP36CipherModeFin alTemplate_CipherHolderINS_16BlockCipherFinalILNS_9CipherDirE0ENS_7SHACAL23EncEE ENS_20ConcretePolicyHolderINS_5EmptyENS_22AdditiveCipherTemplateINS_20AbstractPo licyHolderINS_28AdditiveCipherAbstractPolicyENS_14CTR_ModePolicyEEEEESA_EEEE]+0x 15c): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomNumberGenerator::GenerateIntoBuffe redTransformation(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, std::__cxx11::basic_string< char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, unsigned long long) '

OBJDIR/cipher.o:(.rodata._ZTVN8CryptoPP36CipherModeFinalTemplate_CipherHolderINS _16BlockCipherFinalILNS_9CipherDirE0ENS_3TEA3EncEEENS_20ConcretePolicyHolderINS_ 5EmptyENS_22AdditiveCipherTemplateINS_20AbstractPolicyHolderINS_28AdditiveCipher AbstractPolicyENS_14CTR_ModePolicyEEEEESA_EEEE[_ZTVN8CryptoPP36CipherModeFinalTe mplate_CipherHolderINS_16BlockCipherFinalILNS_9CipherDirE0ENS_3TEA3EncEEENS_20Co ncretePolicyHolderINS_5EmptyENS_22AdditiveCipherTemplateINS_20AbstractPolicyHold erINS_28AdditiveCipherAbstractPolicyENS_14CTR_ModePolicyEEEEESA_EEEE]+0x15c): un defined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomNumberGenerator::GenerateIntoBufferedTrans formation(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, st d::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, unsigned long long)'

OBJDIR/cipher.o:(.rodata._ZTVN8CryptoPP36CipherModeFinalTemplate_CipherHolderINS _16BlockCipherFinalILNS_9CipherDirE0ENS_8Blowfish4BaseEEENS_20ConcretePolicyHold erINS_5EmptyENS_22AdditiveCipherTemplateINS_20AbstractPolicyHolderINS_28Additive CipherAbstractPolicyENS_14CTR_ModePolicyEEEEESA_EEEE[_ZTVN8CryptoPP36CipherModeF inalTemplate_CipherHolderINS_16BlockCipherFinalILNS_9CipherDirE0ENS_8Blowfish4Ba seEEENS_20ConcretePolicyHolderINS_5EmptyENS_22AdditiveCipherTemplateINS_20Abstra ctPolicyHolderINS_28AdditiveCipherAbstractPolicyENS_14CTR_ModePolicyEEEEESA_EEEE ]+0x15c): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomNumberGenerator::GenerateIntoB ufferedTransformation(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, std::__cxx11::basic_str ing<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, unsigned long l ong)'

OBJDIR/cipher.o:(.rodata._ZTVN8CryptoPP36CipherModeFinalTemplate_CipherHolderINS _16BlockCipherFinalILNS_9CipherDirE0ENS_3RC53EncEEENS_20ConcretePolicyHolderINS_ 5EmptyENS_22AdditiveCipherTemplateINS_20AbstractPolicyHolderINS_28AdditiveCipher AbstractPolicyENS_14CTR_ModePolicyEEEEESA_EEEE[_ZTVN8CryptoPP36CipherModeFinalTe mplate_CipherHolderINS_16BlockCipherFinalILNS_9CipherDirE0ENS_3RC53EncEEENS_20Co ncretePolicyHolderINS_5EmptyENS_22AdditiveCipherTemplateINS_20AbstractPolicyHold erINS_28AdditiveCipherAbstractPolicyENS_14CTR_ModePolicyEEEEESA_EEEE]+0x15c): un defined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomNumberGenerator::GenerateIntoBufferedTrans formation(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, st d::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, unsigned long long)'

OBJDIR/cipher.o:(.rodata._ZTVN8CryptoPP36CipherModeFinalTemplate_CipherHolderINS _16BlockCipherFinalILNS_9CipherDirE0ENS_4SEED4BaseEEENS_20ConcretePolicyHolderIN S_5EmptyENS_22AdditiveCipherTemplateINS_20AbstractPolicyHolderINS_28AdditiveCiph erAbstractPolicyENS_14CTR_ModePolicyEEEEESA_EEEE[_ZTVN8CryptoPP36CipherModeFinal Template_CipherHolderINS_16BlockCipherFinalILNS_9CipherDirE0ENS_4SEED4BaseEEENS_ 20ConcretePolicyHolderINS_5EmptyENS_22AdditiveCipherTemplateINS_20AbstractPolicy HolderINS_28AdditiveCipherAbstractPolicyENS_14CTR_ModePolicyEEEEESA_EEEE]+0x15c) : undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomNumberGenerator::GenerateIntoBufferedT ransformation(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char , std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, unsigned long long)'

OBJDIR/cipher.o:(.rodata._ZTVN8CryptoPP36CipherModeFinalTemplate_CipherHolderINS _16BlockCipherFinalILNS_9CipherDirE0ENS_8Camellia4BaseEEENS_20ConcretePolicyHold erINS_5EmptyENS_22AdditiveCipherTemplateINS_20AbstractPolicyHolderINS_28Additive CipherAbstractPolicyENS_14CTR_ModePolicyEEEEESA_EEEE[_ZTVN8CryptoPP36CipherModeF inalTemplate_CipherHolderINS_16BlockCipherFinalILNS_9CipherDirE0ENS_8Camellia4Ba seEEENS_20ConcretePolicyHolderINS_5EmptyENS_22AdditiveCipherTemplateINS_20Abstra ctPolicyHolderINS_28AdditiveCipherAbstractPolicyENS_14CTR_ModePolicyEEEEESA_EEEE ]+0x15c): more undefined references to `CryptoPP::RandomNumberGenerator::Generat eIntoBufferedTransformation(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, std::__cxx11::bas ic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, unsigned  long long)' follow

OBJDIR/cipher.o:(.rodata._ZTVN8CryptoPP20AutoSeededRandomPoolE[_ZTVN8CryptoPP20A utoSeededRandomPoolE]+0x34): undefined reference to `CryptoPP::RandomPool::Gener ateIntoBufferedTransformation(CryptoPP::BufferedTransformation&, std::__cxx11::b asic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, unsigne d long long)'

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Makefile:118: recipe for target '../game_juppsy' failed (line: @echo linking $(TARGET)....)

gmake: *** [../game_juppsy] Error 1

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, arves100 said:

Ok, i've got this problem. After a lot of edits i finally get that worked.

Contact me in private if you want include\cryptopp and libcryptopp.a

My Crypto++ is 2.6.3

I was trying with older Crypto++ and the newer boost few minutes ago, and the error are the same. Well, I tink the problem is from boost.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, arves100 said:

Compile every source with Gcc5 and -std=c++14

You have also to do this:

replace any auto_ptr to unique_ptr

replace any typeof to __typeof

or add in common/stl.h

#if defined(__GNUC__) && defined(_USE_CPP11_)

#define typeof __typeof

#define auto_ptr unique_ptr

#endif

after #ifndef itertype

Also edit Makefile in db\game and add at CXXFLAG: -D_USE_CPP11_

Ok, I try this. Thanks :)