42 minuty temu, tierrilopes napisał:

You understand that the client_side protos were made to avoid always fetching the info from db correct?

Making them serverside only means you will self dos your db, i dont think thats something you want.

im not sure it will really dos my db, check another games like tibia, they have items on serverside and there no dos.

13 godzin temu, tierrilopes napisał:

Doesnt seem like the best comparison in my opinion.

Does wow, gw2, tera and such use serverside only "protos"? Dont think so.

Why? Due to my first reply.

They use and have problems with hacks. At like tibia you can't use any damage or another bug to hit more because everything load from server side. And i want reach the same goal.

Btw.

When monster hit you or you hit monster = dos your db.

17 hours ago, tierrilopes said:

Making them serverside only means you will self dos your db, i dont think thats something you want. 

actually there's no dos at all, why?

because when the db loads the tables from an csv file or a mysql table it will be cached and sent to game cores whenever a core starts.

Sending that to the client will use the game ones not even the database ones.

You reload the db ones when you execute the command "reload p"

• Love 1

• Premium
6 hours ago, Traceur3RUN said:

They use and have problems with hacks. At like tibia you can't use any damage or another bug to hit more because everything load from server side. And i want reach the same goal.

Btw.

When monster hit you or you hit monster = dos your db.

Tibia isnt even the same genre as metin2 (its a damn browser game), so i just dont understand those comparisons.

If you wanna do that to prevent yourself from damage hacks like you refered there, dont fool yourself, protos got nothing to do with damage hacks.

5 hours ago, metin2team said:

actually there's no dos at all, why?

because when the db loads the tables from an csv file or a mysql table it will be cached and sent to game cores whenever a core starts.

Sending that to the client will use the game ones not even the database ones.

You reload the db ones when you execute the command "reload p"

Go ahead and do it.

I wont lose more time showing what can and will go wrong. When you finish quote me and i will demonstrate the crap that happens with it.