Help Understanding FindAffect Function in C++ Code When Using Blend Item

Go to solution Solved by Amun,

Hi everyone,

I’m currently working on some C++ code for Metin2 and came across a section I’m having trouble understanding. Here’s the relevant part of the code:

if (FindAffect(affect_type, apply_type))
{
    ChatPacket(CHAT_TYPE_INFO, LC_TEXT("ÀÌ¹Ì È¿°ú°¡ °É·Á ÀÖ½À´Ï´Ù."));
}
else
{
    if (FindAffect(AFFECT_EXP_BONUS_EURO_FREE, POINT_RESIST_MAGIC))
    {
        ChatPacket(CHAT_TYPE_INFO, LC_TEXT("ÀÌ¹Ì È¿°ú°¡ °É·Á ÀÖ½À´Ï´Ù."));
    }
    else
    {
        AddAffect(affect_type, apply_type, apply_value, 0, apply_duration, 0, false);
        item->SetCount(item->GetCount() - 1);
    }
}

I understand the general structure of checking for existing effects before applying new ones, but I’m specifically puzzled by the second condition:

if (FindAffect(AFFECT_EXP_BONUS_EURO_FREE, POINT_RESIST_MAGIC))

Could someone explain the purpose of this specific "FindAffect" check? Thanks in advance!

• Metin2 Dev 1

• Contributor
  • Solution

That's part of the ITEM_BLEND, which are the potions that offer attack, critical, magic resistance, etc.

It basically says that you can't use any other potion of that kind(ITEM_BLEND) after using a magic resistance one. 

Why? No idea what the actual intention was, but I remember that all the players were using that potion last because of this.

Can you remove it? Yes, and it would probably make sense to do so.

2 hours ago, Amun said:

That's part of the ITEM_BLEND, which are the potions that offer attack, critical, magic resistance, etc.

It basically says that you can't use any other potion of that kind(ITEM_BLEND) after using a magic resistance one. 

Why? No idea what the actual intention was, but I remember that all the players were using that potion last because of this.

thank you for the answer.

In the description of the blend item that provides magic resistance, I noticed a statement about it being increased by a percentage. However, when I examined the code and the proto, it was being increased by a fixed value.

The only explanation I could find is that if the blend item increases magic resistance by a percentage, it prevents excessive value increases that might occur if magic resistance has already been boosted by the "AFFECT_EXP_BONUS_EURO_FREE" type of affect.

i think i'll follow this way.