Data truncated for column 'size'

I enabled txt protos in my serverfiles instead of traditional SQL tables. Item_proto is just fine. Mob_proto had to be reverse-engineered from the client packs. Serverfiles and client are both from the same production (Fliege).

I'm getting this:

ChildLoop: AsyncSQL: query failed: Data truncated for column 'size' at row 1 (query: replace into mob_proto (`vnum`, `name`, `locale_name`, `type`, `rank`, `battle_type`, `level`, `size`, `ai_flag`, `setRaceFlag`, `setImmuneFlag`, `on_click`, `empire`, `drop_item`, `resurrection_vnum`, `folder`, `st`, `dx`, `ht`, `iq`, `damage_min`, `damage_max`, `max_hp`, `regen_cycle`, `regen_percent`, `exp`, `gold_min`, `gold_max`, `def`, `attack_speed`, `move_speed`, `aggressive_hp_pct`, `aggressive_sight`, `attack_range`, `polymorph_item`, `enchant_curse`, `enchant_slow`, `enchant_poison`, `enchant_stun`, `enchant_critical`, `enchant_penetrate`, `resist_sword`, `resist_twohand`, `resist_dagger`, `resist_bell`, `resist_fan`, `resist_bow`, `resist_fire`, `resist_elect`, `resist_magic`, `resist_wind`, `resist_poison`, `dam_multiply`, `summon`, `drain_sp`, `skill_vnum0`, `skill_level0`, `skill_vnum1`, `skill_level1`, `skill_vnum2`, `skill_level2`, `skill_vnum3`, `skill_level3`, `skill_vnum4`, `ski

(yes this is how the error line ends!)

and a lot of these:

ChildLoop: AsyncSQL: query failed: Incorrect string value: '\xBB\xE7\xB3\xAA\xBF\xEE...' for column 'name' at row 1 (query: replace into mob_proto (`vnum`, `name`, `locale_name`, `type`, `rank`, `battle_type`, `level`, `size`, `ai_flag`, `setRaceFlag`, `setImmuneFlag`, `on_click`, `empire`, `drop_item`, `resurrection_vnum`, `folder`, `st`, `dx`, `ht`, `iq`, `damage_min`, `damage_max`, `max_hp`, `regen_cycle`, `regen_percent`, `exp`, `gold_min`, `gold_max`, `def`, `attack_speed`, `move_speed`, `aggressive_hp_pct`, `aggressive_sight`, `attack_range`, `polymorph_item`, `enchant_curse`, `enchant_slow`, `enchant_poison`, `enchant_stun`, `enchant_critical`, `enchant_penetrate`, `resist_sword`, `resist_twohand`, `resist_dagger`, `resist_bell`, `resist_fan`, `resist_bow`, `resist_fire`, `resist_elect`, `resist_magic`, `resist_wind`, `resist_poison`, `dam_multiply`, `summon`, `drain_sp`, `skill_vnum0`, `skill_level0`, `skill_vnum1`, `skill_level1`, `skill_vnum2`, `skill_level2`, `skill_vnum

Before you say anything about NULLS I tried it - same result. I compared my source with a working source and they match. That means the problem is most definately at the txt file itself. I checked for tabulation errors - didn't find any. I removed everything that wasn't in the database.

So now I'm at a dead end asking for advice. What could it be???

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's double trouble especially on development mode think about having to pass an SQL query AND have to build a proto for the packs.

I solved the 1st error by modifying my table and setting `size` to a SET type instead of an ENUM. Now the second error remains and I believe it has something to do with the korean name but no other source has had this before and that makes me wonder. BTW I'm using Vanilla r71k source if you know about any changes regarding the issue.

EDIT: Seems like mob_proto's encoding has something to do with that. By converting from EUC-KR to ANSI all names become ??? and ... so to get it over with does anyone have mob_proto txt files in ANSI encoding without the ???'s?

EDIT 2: After a lot of effords I changed the encoding. Now gives me this:

ChildLoop: AsyncSQL: query failed: Data truncated for column 'setRaceFlag' at row 1 (query: replace into mob_proto (`vnum`, `name`, `locale_name`, `type`, `rank`, `battle_type`, `level`, `size`, `ai_flag`, `setRaceFlag`, `setImmuneFlag`, `on_click`, `empire`, `drop_item`, `resurrection_vnum`, `folder`, `st`, `dx`, `ht`, `iq`, `damage_min`, `damage_max`, `max_hp`, `regen_cycle`, `regen_percent`, `exp`, `gold_min`, `gold_max`, `def`, `attack_speed`, `move_speed`, `aggressive_hp_pct`, `aggressive_sight`, `attack_range`, `polymorph_item`, `enchant_curse`, `enchant_slow`, `enchant_poison`, `enchant_stun`, `enchant_critical`, `enchant_penetrate`, `resist_sword`, `resist_twohand`, `resist_dagger`, `resist_bell`, `resist_fan`, `resist_bow`, `resist_fire`, `resist_elect`, `resist_magic`, `resist_wind`, `resist_poison`, `dam_multiply`, `summon`, `drain_sp`, `skill_vnum0`, `skill_level0`, `skill_vnum1`, `skill_level1`, `skill_vnum2`, `skill_level2`, `skill_vnum3`, `skill_level3`, `skill_vnum4

I would do the same I did with `size` only this key is already a SET.