Shogun

Granny 2.8 for new binaries

Today I bring you another exclusive release from Tim.

This time is the granny.dll compatible with Granny 2.8 models and new binaries. Included for completeness is the already public granny DLL for the old binaries, and the bulkconverter.exe tool.

What can I do with this?

You can use granny models from any Granny version up to 2.8 in your client.

How do I use this?

Just replace the original dll in your client. Please note, it only works on original, packed client binaries.

A tool (bulkconverter.exe) is provided so you can easily convert your current models to 2.8 for best performance.

Usage:

bulkconverter foldername

Will convert all the gr2 files found inside foldername to v2.8 Granny format.

Regards

granny28.zip

• Love 60
  • Party 1

At first u can use new mob without wait animation bug :) You can use it on old granny, but just a few people know, how to do it.

At final, new granny si better for us :)

http://scr.hu/8qd/etjjb
How about that?
I've used 2.9 model converted by bulkconverter and your granny. I've got unpacked binary (compiled by my own), is it ok?
Is it possible to work with that granny on your own compiled biniaries?

thanks for release,btw i need entpack full client and convert all models with bull.exe?

It's not necessary but it's a good idea to do so if you can.

• Love 1

sysser:

0216 00:42:42133 :: GRANNY: [c:/dev/rad/granny/rt/granny_file.cpp:914] File is file format revision 6 (current version is 7)
0216 00:42:42144 :: GRANNY: [c:/dev/rad/granny/rt/granny_file_info.cpp:81] File has run-time type tag of 0x80000010, which doesn't match this version of Granny (0x80000037).  Automatic conversion will be attempted.

sysser:

0216 00:42:42133 :: GRANNY: [c:/dev/rad/granny/rt/granny_file.cpp:914] File is file format revision 6 (current version is 7)
0216 00:42:42144 :: GRANNY: [c:/dev/rad/granny/rt/granny_file_info.cpp:81] File has run-time type tag of 0x80000010, which doesn't match this version of Granny (0x80000037).  Automatic conversion will be attempted.

To remove this error convert all your gr2 models to 2.8 format with bulkconverter (it's included in the archive)

• Love 1

Thx for the release. I was looking for it for a long time.

Its working well for me but my friends cant connect using the same client. Any solution for it?

I'm using windows 7 and my friends 7 and XP.

PS: my bin is the metin2client_sg_r34669.exe

and serverfiles 34083

Well then you can't use the dll, it needs an original, packed bin, if you changed the LZO key then obviously it isn't.

Well then you can't use the dll, it needs an original, packed bin, if you changed the LZO key then obviously it isn't.

But i'm usign the same client than then, and its  working for me with the LZO changed and for then isnt working. If was problem of the LZO it shouldn't for me, sure ?

How can you change the lzo of a packed client?

How can you change the lzo of a packed client?

I mean with my bin the "metin2client_sg_r346699.exe" its working and i can play on my pc and other friend too, but other 3 friends cant play with the same cliente and same bin.

Check that it's not being deleted by antivirus software

Check that it's not being deleted by antivirus software

One of then alrdy format the pc and install, drivers + Skype + cliente and still having problem. and the others alrdy disable the antivírus.

WoM is using this dll so I don't know what could be the problem.

WoM is using this dll so I don't know what could be the problem.

I will make a new client without change LZO and send then to test. Thx for the help Shogun.

~~~EDIT~~~

Alrdy made the new client and when i try add the eix inside the bin, enigma just give me a error bcuz this file is alrdy compressed. What u advise me to do to use this granny dll?

95% of the persons who try use the client work normal but i cant leave this 5%.

Works properly without any errors, I can just recommend to use this.

is there any easy way to convert gr2 2.8 to 2.6?