[copyright abuse] Discussion

Lurinzo

I am tired to ask in different forum, with not prepared people, or with people with any type of past-experience about that,
So i m gonna ask that in this forum, as i can see this forum has lot of prepared and smart person.

-1) If do i buy from eterhost\ovh\kimsufi\islandOfHost\ etc etc
     is it possible to create a dedicate for gaming with metin2?  with NO license,  so with copyright abuse?
     if the answer is of course no.  Those sites will allow me to create it anycase?
     if the answer is yes.  In the case of ymir want to shutdown my private server, it will contact the site and then the site will procede closing the dedicate?
                                      or ymir will make a legal cause against me, the current owner of the dedicate? so i will have to pay infinite money to ymir?
                                      or the site (ovh,eterhost, etc ) will just close it, with no legal  stuff? so everything is fine, no payment , just shuttingdown server?

-2) As can i see eterhost is one of the site that allows to build a metin2 dedicate server, because even his owner (Shogun of metin2dev, this forum)
     built his own server with his own dedicate site,
     And as i can see, he made a lot of thread showing this chance, to be able to all of us, to buy and install a server of metin2 from his eterhost dedicate site.

So my question is: If for a pure , drammatic exemple, the YMIR will decide to shutdown MY dedicate server , built with ETERHOST
     will Shogun just delete it with no legal provides or any other payment or legal stuff? so everything is clear and fine, friends like before....?
     or will ymir make a legal cause against me and\or shogun ?

Please be carefull on what are you writing to me, i need prepared people, and if possible
i would like to suggest to Shogun to help me with this discussion to make some light in this YMIR COPYRIGHT ABUSE

Edited by Lurinzo

you've already made it clear that you don't need our help you just need Shogun's.

i would like to suggest to Shogun to help me with this discussion to make some light in this YMIR COPYRIGHT ABUSE

ehm...
maybe my english is not so good,
But i want the help of everyone, not just shogun.
i truly need help to clear what's going on with that copyright ymir abusing.

but please do not make a short anwer. i need to make a discussion to understand at 100% whats going on.

based on this : link
and what i remember ymir did close some private server that where hosted on ovh (just some not all since ovh can not detect a metin2 pserver automaticly at least) , and if i remember correctly those server just re-opened not too long after that , which most likly mean that ymir did not take any legal action against the any server admin up until now , anyway if they where going to go after someone they will go after huge server admins not a new one that was born today. @metin2team for i.g own a server from 2010 and was not killed nor he had legal , if you want to fear problem then just be sure that you server is well protected.

• Love 1

At first, Webzen & YMIR Games won't do anything about this anymore. At least, the source files already published on the internet and they can't do anything after this accident. I talked to one of them about this. They played the private servers a long time ago, but they didn't like and back to official servers. They just want to protect creator of this game. That's all. As I've heard from my friend, TEC Interactive did something about this a long time ago. For now, everyone is free to open a private server and earn money. Feel to free about this.

Kind Regards

Ken

Edited by Ken
  • Love 2

Do not be sorry, be better.

ok thank you all for all those informations

i really appricieted
but Ken\Martysama\Inya\shogun which dedicate site will use if they want to let him alive for over 1 year, for exemple.

kimsufi?
eterhost?
ovh?

if ken\martysama\inya\rumor or other big dev can answer to me i will appriciete that

(bad english, sorry)

i really appricieted
but Ken\Martysama\Inya\shogun which dedicate site will use if they want to let him alive for over 1 year, for exemple.

kimsufi?
eterhost?
ovh?

if ken\martysama\inya\rumor or other big dev can answer to me i will appriciete that

(bad english, sorry)

martysama on ovh (kimsufi)

shogun own eterhost (more or less) which is as well on ovh (i think that inya is with him if not then the same then it should be on ovh as well)

ken/rumor no info.

me : kimsufi (or ovh if you prefer).

ps: kimsufi is nothing but another name to ovh

• Love 1

i really appricieted

kimsufi?
eterhost?
ovh?

(bad english, sorry)

At first, My answer will be OVH. (I'm not customer of OVH but I like their features)

About OVH

• Gameforge's test server, Webzen & YMIR Games' developer server are using OVH too.

Kind Regards ~ Ken

Do not be sorry, be better.

i really appricieted

kimsufi?
eterhost?
ovh?

(bad english, sorry)

At first, My answer will be OVH. (I'm not customer of OVH but I like their features)

About OVH

• Gameforge's test server, Webzen & YMIR Games' developer server are using OVH too.

Kind Regards ~ Ken

gameforge's test server it's hosted in ovh?i didn't know that :))