o    Functional Features

o    Working on it…

o    Planned

·         Pictures

·         Acknowledgements

·         Closing

Introduction

Dear metin2dev-Community,

since Ayaka stopped working on his CMS and we found some things, which were done on a bad way, we agreed to recreate everything on a in our opinion better way. So we proudly present our new and amazing QuantumCMS (made by “Team Quantum” obviously), which still is under development and will be OpenSource (licensed under GPL v3) in the future.

“Team Quantum” is a non-profit organization, which consists of two people: DevChuckNorris & .PolluX

Our idea is it, to create a new “in-2015”-CMS, which will have a huge amount of possibilities of customization and also have a professional way of Coding & Plugin Support.

And how much will it costs?

Nothing! It’s completly open source and modifiable.

General Informations

We’re now working on this project for some days and also have a small base on which we develope further. Our plans are also for the future.

We’re planning to create a simple Plugin-Store on which Users/Developers can submit Plugins to us to make them available to the public.

Also, as we said in the introduction, we’re using OOP to deliver a cleaner and more professional system. This intention is supported by the Template System “Smarty” and some more PHP librarys (e.g Doctrine ORM).

Features

Functional features

1. Multi-Language System

2. Template System (using Smarty)

3. Page System

4. SEO friendly URLs (like http://www.example.tld/Home)

Working on it…

1. Serverstatus

2. Plugin System

3. Hooking Points

4. User area

5. Admin area

Planned features

1. Simple installation

2. Small but full functional board (easy integrated into your design)

3. Automatic generated Wiki

4. Advanced server statistics

5. Plugin Store

6. Automatic update system

7. Theme System

8. Full Documentation for Developers and end-users

9. you can find more on our ToDo list on github

Pictures

1. Main Site

For development we’re using german translations, but we’ll deliver an english one, too.

2. Code Example

7af1ed9f8f.pngThis is the Development-Tool of me. You can see, that we’ve done a lot of work, yet - and more will follow each week. More is coming soon.

Acknowledgements

Thanks to Ayaka, for creating a small base on which we can start our development. Also we want to thank hen! for his “in-2010-great”-CMS, but now it’s time for a new and unique one, ours! ;)

Additionally to this, we want to thank all of you, which will support our idea and our work and help us, making this a great and future-proof CMS.

Closing

We hope, that you now have a good view on our project and will support us in any way you are able to. Later on, we will need help on translating this page into other languages (e.g. Czech, Spanish, Italian, etc.)

You can find and watch our progress on github:

This is the hidden content, please

Cheers,

DevChuckNorris & .PolluX

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 37
  • kekw 1
  • Eyes 1
  • Dislove 3
  • Angry 1
  • Not Good 1
  • Sad 2
  • Smile Tear 1
  • Think 3
  • Confused 2
  • Good 22
  • Love 3
  • Love 35

• Honorable Member

We're proud to announce, that we have a third developer - ionutxp ! :)

Also we've made some more changes, here's a log for that:
- Added a UserPanel (screenshot following soon) with Character overview
- some refactoring
and some more changes. For more Information visit

• Not Good 1
  • Love 1

• Premium

Sent some changes. You can take a look :)

Ira, PHPStorm is the best php IDE by far :D

well.. i just tried notepad++ and phpstorm. and phpstorm obviously is the better one :D

well.. i just tried notepad++ and phpstorm. and phpstorm obviously is the better one :D

Advice: Use Sublime Text3 as your main text editor for php.

Also, if you have problems with the site on IE take a look on html5shiv. 

Kind regards!

• Not Good 1

Advice: Use Sublime Text3 as your main text editor for php.

Also, if you have problems with the site on IE take a look on html5shiv. 

Kind regards!

cant really get your point. Why using an editor if you have one of the best (maybe the best) IDE for php? OOP with phpstorm is awesome as hell!

Edited by Ayaka
  • Love 1

Would be cool if you finish the installer at first to insert a selected language to database. At the moment it looks like this:

WX4k79p.png

btw. found an epic line in index.tpl xD

<!--<iframe width="1px" height="1px" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5CLFwCUyWqY?autoplay=1&loop=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>-->
Edited by Metin2 Dev

• Honorable Member

Would be cool if you finish the installer at first to insert a selected language to database. At the moment it looks like this:

WX4k79p.png

btw. found an epic line in index.tpl xD

<!--<iframe width="1px" height="1px" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5CLFwCUyWqY?autoplay=1&loop=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>-->

just run URL/tools.php and click "import lang", then you have the default translations also shown on the website

Also we all were busy the last few days, but we will do some more things as soon as we have some time for it

and yes. i put this video into my index.tpl to hear music while programming - i just don't like to go on youtube and select every 3 min a new song or i was annoyed of my spotify playlist. but because i think no one else want to hear this on this website i put it in comment "dings-bums" ^^

Edited by Metin2 Dev

just run URL/tools.php and click "import lang", then you have the default translations also shown on the website

Also we all were busy the last few days, but we will do some more things as soon as we have some time for it

Ah, didnt look into that file (odd workflow without instructions). Cant wait to see that cms stable. I think the important part for you is to create a good plugin system for this cms. I think it should have good chances to become established.

• Honorable Member

Ah, didnt look into that file (odd workflow without instructions). Cant wait to see that cms stable. I think the important part for you is to create a good plugin system for this cms. I think it should have good chances to become established.

Yep, we will create a plugin and design system to implement own scripts and styles into the website

Edit: We're back working on it. ;)

b234748a0a.jpg

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Love 1

• Honorable Member

@Ayaka You're right, I changed my focus to the installation script, while Pollux keeps developing the user cp.

First screenshot from installation:

Btw. the installation download a selected branch from out github repo ;)

Kind regards

Chuck

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Love 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Honorable Member

The UCP is ready for testing now - some little changes will occur in the future, but the base is ready.

Also i integrated AnythingSlider into this CMS, which allows to slide not only images but also Videos from Youtube, Vimeo and also your webspace! - Thanks HTML5 <3

Also the "default" style is set to 'metallic' - but you can change this easily (also the height and width) in the index.tpl

<style>
        #slider1 { width: 350px; height: 195px; list-style: none}
    </style>

<!-- AnythingSlider initialization -->
    <script>
        // DOM Ready
        $(function(){
            $('#slider1').anythingSlider({
                toggleControls : true,
                theme          : 'metallic',
                autoPlay	   : true,
                autoPlayLocked : false,
                enableStartStop: true
            });
        });
    </script>

i141cimgpshor3fkgsz04a2.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Love 1

dont have the time to look in this at the moment but is this slider hardcoded in index.tpl??? I thought there will be a pluginsystem for such features? 

My perception was that you can upload a zip in ACP -> Addons with a file structure like this (example):

- /images (pictues for addon)
-  /js (.js data for addon)
- /css (.css for addon)
- /tpl (template data for addon)
- /data (models, controler.. etc)
- settings.yaml (settings for implementation)

edit:// or maybe plugins via composer.

Edited by Ayaka

• Honorable Member

dont have the time to look in this at the moment but is this slider hardcoded in index.tpl??? I thought there will be a pluginsystem for such features? 

My perception was that you can upload a zip in ACP -> Addons with a file structure like this (example):

- /images (pictues for addon)
-  /js (.js data for addon)
- /css (.css for addon)
- /tpl (template data for addon)
- /data (models, controler.. etc)
- settings.yaml (settings for implementation)

edit:// or maybe plugins via composer.

Yes, you're right, but since there is no plugin system and there are people who maybe want to use this before we have this feature and also want to have a slider i added this one for now. Additionally to this, i only added some settings for the slider and the js/css files in the index.tpl. The work to transform this into a plugin should not be too much, i think.

Edited by .Poᴌᴌuᶍ

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.