Edit: Yeah, it's the API tool.

Make sure your firewall blocks every connection incoming to your p2p ports except for localhost!

If you need help, then please send me your firewall rules via pm and I can help you with that.

Example for pf:

block in on $if FROM any to 127.0.0.1 port $P2P_PORT

I guess that should do it. It's better to block everything by default and let certain defined ports pass through so you won't get in trouble with that anymore. But be careful with that since you'd block ssh access when working with firewalls!

Edited by Alina

Add those things in your config file.

adminpage_ip: your ip-address
adminpage_password: your password

If target is not know your adminpage password, he can not login your system. Default password is SHOWMETHEMONEY.

Kind Regards

Ken

​password root server?

adminpage_ip: myip
adminpage_password: SHOWMETHEMONEY

THIS?

Add those things in your config file.

adminpage_ip: your ip-address
adminpage_password: your password

If target is not know your adminpage password, he can not login your system. Default password is SHOWMETHEMONEY.

Kind Regards

Ken

​I Have this:

adminpage_password: 364357485686869
ADMINPAGE_IP: MYIP

Maybe you use a game with a special command than can used by  a player.

​no!:/ only gm.

Edit: Yeah, it's the API tool.

Make sure your firewall blocks every connection incoming to your p2p ports except for localhost!

If you need help, then please send me your firewall rules via pm and I can help you with that.

Example for pf:

block in on $if FROM any to 127.0.0.1 port $P2P_PORT

I guess that should do it. It's better to block everything by default and let certain defined ports pass through so you won't get in trouble with that anymore. But be careful with that since you'd block ssh access when working with firewalls!

I have not done Firewall installation: /
It can be had by itself.

Guys it's a p2p command. He didn't set up a firewall and that's the point behind that.

Set up a firewall and block those p2p ports (and db cache port) and you'll be safe from this attack ;)

adminpage_ip: 127.0.0.1

This should also work for you.

Note:

The attack can be from p2p ports and from normal ports. Against normal ports, you can use adminpage_ip to bind your API to localhost, so it'll only accept connections from localhost!

Against p2p ports it's more difficult. You need to shut down access to them via firewall. That's gonna fix your problem and the attack you're getting there is through the p2p ports. So you may look at that ;)

Edited by Alina

• Former Staff

Guys it's a p2p command. He didn't set up a firewall and that's the point behind that.

Set up a firewall and block those p2p ports (and db cache port) and you'll be safe from this attack ;)

adminpage_ip: 127.0.0.1

This should also work for you.

Note:

The attack can be from p2p ports and from normal ports. Against normal ports, you can use adminpage_ip to bind your API to localhost, so it'll only accept connections from localhost!

Against p2p ports it's more difficult. You need to shut down access to them via firewall. That's gonna fix your problem and the attack you're getting there is through the p2p ports. So you may look at that ;)

​admin page ip and password are can block everything that can affect the server except the player count api and some log related stuff. But i think youre right with the db cache port. If this ones open one of the worst "hacks" (not further discribed here cause of possible chaos) is possible

• Premium

You can block the p2p ports with a firewall or disable the p2p commands into the game.

For example this is my pf rule, just replace the ports by those you are using, and dont forget to replace "em0".

ports = "{12000, 14000, 14001, 14002, 14003, 14004, 14006, 14010, 14011, 14012, 14013, 14014, 14015, 14020, 14021, 14022, 14023, 14024, 14025, 14099, 15000}"
block out log quick on em0 inet proto tcp from any port $ports

Note : the last line of the pf.conf must be empty

You can show logs of attempts by using this command :

tcpdump -n -e -ttt -r /var/log/pflog

ucckQMO.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal