How To Install an Metin2 Server on FreeBSD 9 64-bit

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

M2 Download Center Download Here ( Internal ) This guide will walk you through each step of installing the necessary daemons for a Metin2 server on FreeBSD. Asking for help setting up Metin2 on the official FreeBSD forums is not permitted, I suggest if you have issues to ask in this forum only. You may not need to install cURL, it depends on whether or not you'll host your website on the same server and use things that require cURL (such as automatic paypal transactions).    I

That would only be an issue if you had changed APIs. Since just building an own kernel with special options/built-in drivers doesn't do that, there's no reason not to use the binary packages unless you need to change config. options (less dependencies, extra features, ...) Only if you added extra optimization flags (eg. -Ofast etc.) to your /etc/make.conf (which isn't recommended since you can break ports that are incompatible with the settings you added)

oh man, you really helped me THANKS

Posted Images

OMG, This is the mooost stupid tutorial.

I'm not saying it was not good, one year ago.
But most commands in this tutorial are removed and replaced with newer ones.

No longer will you take after this tutorial.

1033 - Incorrect information in file: ' ./account/account.frm'

usually a lot of ppl get this error so can u explain deep for the fix this

others comments is useless for about that

fixsedddd

Edited by scrabbyyy
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

someone can update this tutorial?

On 20.07.2015 at 2:24 PM, Readon said:

[email protected]:~ # fetch ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/amd64/9.1-RELEASE/lib32.txz
fetch: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/amd64/9.1-RELEASE/lib32.txz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)

Anyone knows an alternative or so? Doesn't work...

change to this

fetch: ftp://ftp.tw.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/amd64/9.0-RELEASE/lib32.txz

fetch: ftp://ftp.tw.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/amd64/9.1-RELEASE/lib32.txz

fetch: ftp://ftp.tw.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/amd64/9.2-RELEASE/lib32.txz

i don't know yet how fix this  pkg_add: unable to fetch 'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/freebsd/ports/amd64/packages-9-stable/latest/compat7-amd64.tbx : file unavailable 

but i try and post here solution

On 21/4/2016 at 10:29 AM, Traceur3RUN said:

someone can update this tutorial?

change to this

fetch: ftp://ftp.tw.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/amd64/9.0-RELEASE/lib32.txz

fetch: ftp://ftp.tw.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/amd64/9.1-RELEASE/lib32.txz

fetch: ftp://ftp.tw.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/amd64/9.2-RELEASE/lib32.txz

i don't know yet how fix this  pkg_add: unable to fetch 'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/freebsd/ports/amd64/packages-9-stable/latest/compat7-amd64.tbx : file unavailable 

but i try and post here solution

This tutorial is deprecated. Link, commad, versions ecc.

There are also errors and incorrect advice.

To fix pkg_add: unable to fetch 'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/freebsd/ports/amd64/packages-9-stable/latest/compat7-amd64.tbx you can easly install from ports. It download form the correct source and compile and install libs.

This is the command:

cd /usr/ports/misc/compat7x/ && make install clean

Or if you want the package for lib32 like in this tutorial you can find here http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/9.3-RELEASE/lib32.txz for FreeBSD 9.3 or http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/10.3-RELEASE/lib32.txz for FreeBSD 10.3

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

if you using x64 freebsd,

only edit /etc/make.conf file;

CFLAGS = -m32

and build all libs with make command, e.g;

putty >> whereis devil

output >> pkgdir/any/local/devil

putty >> cd pkgdir/any/local/devil

putty >> make -DBATCH install clean

edit

actually i only download amd64 boot-only iso(80mb) and installing all libs with pkg command. i never take an error or warning. power of the 64 bit server files ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Denizeri24
new comment