Quest - Cracking / Lock Picking

JachuPL

M2 Download Center

This is the hidden content, please
( Internal )

Hi guys. Today I wanna share my quest that was used in system designed by my friend Qentinios. We called it Cracking.

But what's that? Cracking is a Metin2 Addon which consist cracking into a treasure box. Let me explain that on a simple example:

You are coming back from a dungeon. You walk slowly, because of tiredness. Suddenly, You see a box NPC. It's Your lucky day, because You have a proper key to open it. And, of course, You are opening it and gaining a reward. You see another box, but You don't have proper key. You found another with proper key, but key brokes while You are trying to open it. You are reading a special skillbook which increases Your Cracking skill (when the skill level is bigger, the succes of crack into a box is bigger)

http://pastebin.com/Ydy9L9tH

Let me explain how to edit it:

To add another box and key which opens it, You must add new row to crBoxKeysValue table due to the pattern:

[box_npc_id] = {["key"] = id_of_key},

To change skillbook chance of successfull training, You have to edit crBookProb variable value.

To change crack chance on selected level, You have to edit crSkillTable prob property.

To change reward that player might get when he cracks into the box, You have to edit crRewardTable due to the following patter:[index] = {["reward_id"] = item_id, ["reward_count"] = item_count},

Of couse I will explain what does the following messages mean. They appear mostly on chat:

["crOpenSuccM"] - it appears when player successfully cracks into the box. In polish language we have verb forms for male and female, and this is for MALE.
["crOpenSuccF"] - it appears when player successfully cracks into the box. In polish language we have verb forms for male and female, and this is for FEMALE.
["crSkillUp1_M"] - it appears after successful skill training (MALE).
["crSkillUp1_F"] - it appears after successful skill training (FEMALE).
["crSkillUp2"] - it appears after successful skill training (ALL GENDERS).
["crNotProperKey"] - it appears when You are trying to open a box with wrong key
["crOpenFail"] - it appears when You fail to crack into a box
["crBookFail"] - it appears when You fail to read a book
["crBookSucc"] - it appears when You success to read a book
["crBookCannot"] - it appears when You try to read a book while still being on a time limit (like a normal skillbook)
["crBookAnother"] - it appears when You try to train Your skill with wrong book

If You have any questions, feel free to ask :)

• Metin2 Dev 5
  • Love 7

• 1 year later...

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.