[ Dead Download Link ] [HowTo] Making Metin2 look a bit less crap [ We Need You ]

Shogun

• Premium

Hi guys,

Today I'm going to show you something very simple and effective that not many people do.

By default, Metin2 graphics are like this. Notice the blurriness increasing as you move the camera position down:

7q2Az.jpg

Close the game and open your graphics card control panel and in 3D Settings choose Anisotropic Filtering and 16x or whatever your card admits as maximum. You can lower it later if you suffer slow down:

7q2KH.png

Blurriness is gone!

7q2Iz.jpg

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Love 1

That's a good question. I guess you could do this with ENB series but the ENB presets I have seen for Metin2 make the game look very nice for screenshots yet unplayable unless you want to get a headache...

Well I have quite some experience with enbs (for skyrim) and they basically just used the wrong effects. You can have some nice effects with enb but since it`s not specialiced for metin as the skyrim enbseries I think it would actually better to use somehting like SweetFX. But anyways thanks for the tip. It´s a basic thing, every PC user should do with every game but I thought metin2 was too crappy for it :D Have you tried adding some SGSSAA ? That would actually make the game look much better. Btw I love your texture for the marketplace. is it selfmade or from another game ?

I have tried pumping up all the settings in NVIDIA Control Panel to the max, but this is the one which has an apparent effect as far as I can see.

What's SGSSAA?

SGSSAA means "Sparse grid Super Sample Anti Aliasing". One of the most heavist AA techniqs. You can add it by choosing:

Antialiasing Settings: 4x (or 8 but 8 is performance heavy and not necessary)

Antialiasing Transparency: 4x (or 8 if choosen at the setting above)

But I guess AA won't work.

I tried this and it didn't really change anything, then I tried THIS:

7q3kO.png

7q3la.png

And it also didn't do anything ^^.

Well if you want SGSSAA the Antialiasing setting and transparency have to have the same number (4=4, 8=8)

But like I said it probably wont work.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Premium

This is absolutely not what this trick do...

What you are showing is an enb, pretty poor thing in Metin2 as no enb was ever tweaked for metin2, so indeed you'll have some postprocess, but that's it, and it'll be all over the screen (including text and inventory).

The tweak showed in this topic is used to remove the bluriness of the game in specific places and conditions. You can check on first coty's ground, where all shops are, in the big circle. Without the tweak, you'll notice some kind of blurriness on the ground when the camera position is down. With the tweak active, the texture will be smooth and more detaillied, without bluriness.

I'm tired so I hope you can understand me, have a nice day :P

6 hours ago, Galet said:

This is absolutely not what this trick do...

What you are showing is an enb, pretty poor thing in Metin2 as no enb was ever tweaked for metin2, so indeed you'll have some postprocess, but that's it, and it'll be all over the screen (including text and inventory).

The tweak showed in this topic is used to remove the bluriness of the game in specific places and conditions. You can check on first coty's ground, where all shops are, in the big circle. Without the tweak, you'll notice some kind of blurriness on the ground when the camera position is down. With the tweak active, the texture will be smooth and more detaillied, without bluriness.

I'm tired so I hope you can understand me, have a nice day :P

Is it worth to implement it?

11 minutes ago, Galet said:

This is only for you so you're the only one to wether add it or not. It's a nice addition but as I said, you'll be the only one to see it and your player should do the same thing in order too see it too.

Oh, I thought is something to be added in client side. Well... thank you for reply :D I think I'll try it just because I'm curious.

• Love 1