Eterhost: your oppinion

• Premium

Hi everyone,

I am starting soon a new hosting business with a couple of friends called Eterhost. Our idea is to sell ddos protected, managed vps for game servers and particularly Metin2 at an affordable price for 

The basic plan will offer:

1 core (AMD Opteron 4386)

4 GB RAM

150 GB Local Storage

20 GB Backup Storage

1 Gbps Bandwidth (Shared)

VAC Pro DOS protection

2 IP addresses

We can add to the features support which is familiar with both FreeBSD and Metin2.

To get a better picture of the potential customers, I would like to ask you the following questions. I would appreciate if you spend a minute to answer them :)

Are you considering changing your hosting provider at the moment?

How much would you pay for such a system?

Which payment methods do you prefer?

Would you like to see any additional services offered? (Patch server for example)

Thank you in advance! :)

VAC Pro = ovh?

how many vps would share the 1gb/s?

Only 150gb disk space? i would prefer about 300 gb +

and why you didn't share the cpu like the uplink? if one vps gets attacked and need more thant one core for a short time?

For this i would pay 20€ if i could host anonym.

By kimsufi i get a dedicatet server with 4 gb ram / 100mb/s 4 core cpu / 1 TB HDD / OVH DDoS protection also for 20 €.

If you didn't host by ovh / soyoustart or kimsufi  i understand that your vps are't sellable for 20 ~ €

• Premium

Yes VAC Pro is OVH (not Kimsufi or Soyoustart)

Normally you get a single core why would you get more affecting the other customers when your server is overloaded for some reason?

The DoS protection you get with Kimsufi is not permanent, ours is. With Kimsufi, mitigation is only enabled when an attack is detected, and I know from experience that OVH doesn't detect every kind of attack, even though it can mitigate it.

The idea anyhow is to give an easy setup for non-expert owners. You get support which is knowledgeable with both FreeBSD and Metin2.

Anonymous hosting is kind of illegal by the way.

Some of the hosts already offer you a preinstaled serverfiles included in their pirce. ( only optional ). In my country a basic plan like yours with a preinstalated serverfiles is about 40-50 euros.

Not really sure what patch server is, if it's for autopach :? my host offers it for 50 euros, no aditional cost for it. If it's not what i think it is, sorry :D.

There is already a host with the same name :? http://eterhost.ru/

• Love 1

• Premium

A preview of the plans that will be offered initially:

7xgXl.png

For those who wish to test our services before we go live with the website,  we are offering the first month free for a limited time. Send me a PM if you are interested in this promotion.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

How much would you pay for a fast patch server with plenty of bandwidth?

Let me throw my research for that in here

OVH just changed their VPS offers

The cheapest one has 10TB @ 100mbit guaranteed for 2.40€ (germany)

So, ~24€ for 100TB @ 1GBit (can use OVHs load balancing ip with those)

Probably would want to set up a cache on these and just have a global "distribution" server if the files exceed the available storage

If you were to want to go really crazy just grab one of these for the backend

Then there's Leaseweb:

http://www.leaseweb.com/en/dedicated-servers/100-tb-traffic-servers

Downside it's not as cheap and has no DDoS protection

Thats the cheapest in terms of (good quality) bandwidth I've found

• 2 years later...
Ovidiu Mares || Staff
07/11/2016 22:32

Dear Alexander,

Sorry for the delay in processing your order.

Your order was not completed untill now because I wanted to clarify some things with you first.

Where are you hosting the website for wich you are intending to buy the domain for?
I am asking you this because the procedure for registering the domain is different if you are hosting somewhere else and you are buying just the domain with us.

As soon as I will get the info for you the order will be accepted and completed.

Awaiting you response.

Best regards,
Ovidiu Andrei Mares
Senior System Admin
Eterhost

Not recomended 3 days waiting  for answers and they say me this -__-" @Shogun  do it better service