[ Dead Download Link ] MT2-CMS - FORK [ We Need You ]

Ayaka

• 3 weeks later...
  • Honorable Member

since Ayaka stopped working on this, i want to continue it. but i won't do this without his permission. (i just wrote him on metin2dev and skype, i have to wait for an answer^^)

But for now i created a git repository and want to hear your Ideas. This is it:

This is the hidden content, please

just write me here via PM or in this thread. i will also add the Ideas from here soon to my dev notes on github

If Ayaka will not answer my Request i will do everything on my own, but because i am nood good in css and js yet i think i need some help for this - if you are interested, just add me on skype. :)

oh and if you have a great name (metin2cms sounds boring..) tell me, i am searching for some interesting names

edit: now i have a great to-do list on github - more ideas appreciated :)

Edited by ᴅᴀ' ʀᴇᴀʟ .Poᴌᴌuᶍ
  • Metin2 Dev 2
  • Good 1
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium

I glanced at the code and saw right away that this CMS is using classes when it shouldn't (master/config/cms_functions.php, line 155, for example...), and not using functions when it should.

In short, it's quite messed up. Yes, I know that using functions/classes may slightly increase the execution time, but this kind of coding isn't beneficial to a streamlined process of development.

Is it a problem if I try to do my best at enhancing the CMS? Maybe I'll code some things on the TODO list ^^.

And I don't really see where's the problem with template engines :-? Afterall, with some tweaks, PHP itself can be used as one.

Edited by Exynox
  • Love 1

it is not my personal coding style and it wasn't my purpose to write this OOP with a PHP framework or a template engine. The goal was a CMS near Hen!'s with better and newer code for users who love hennink's cms which is used most (even today) . Because its simple for PHP beginner to change things. It would be stupid to implement such things in this. For qualified code you should look or help at this: http://metin2dev.org/board/index.php?/topic/1447-metin2cms/

Meh, It would have been great if someone wanted to help with the project but nobody got involved :D

For a metin2 page it's a great effort what you've done.

Exynox It's quite hard nowadays to make applications that works out of the box on a shared environment with namespaces, autoloading or even frameworks as all of them needs composer that will not work without a shell access.

Meh, It would have been great if someone wanted to help with the project but nobody got involved :D

For a metin2 page it's a great effort what you've done.

Exynox It's quite hard nowadays to make applications that works out of the box on a shared environment with namespaces, autoloading or even frameworks as all of them needs composer that will not work without a shell access.

I will help you when changing the framework to flow :) have to use it at work so i can learn a bit more :)

Edited by Ayaka