Unknown packet header: xx, last: xxx xxx

Hello guys,

i got a problem which appears sometimes and i thought i had fixed it but i still appears.

The problem i got is like in the topic: Unknown packet header: xx, last: xxx xxx.

Does somebody know how i can fix it and why this error appears?

It would be very helpfull if somebody could help me.

I´m using mainline for the ones who want to know what files i use.

I´m thankfull for every usefull answer :)

• Premium

The packet error can happen because of many things:

1. The packet variables are not the same on client/server side

2. The packet does not exist on client/server side

etc...

Now it sounds easy to fix, but not really...The syserr always report false or random (?) packets, sometimes it says "unknown packet header: 55", then few minutes later it says "unknown packet header: 101".I recommend you to use the mainline for server, because with that the dev and the novaline works too without any errors.

• Love 1

The packet error can happen because of many things:

1. The packet variables are not the same on client/server side

2. The packet does not exist on client/server side

etc...

Now it sounds easy to fix, but not really...The syserr always report false or random (?) packets, sometimes it says "unknown packet header: 55", then few minutes later it says "unknown packet header: 101".I recommend you to use the mainline for server, because with that the dev and the novaline works too without any errors.

Thanks to everybody for your help.

@Sanchez do you have a compiled Binary from novaline i can use? And i´m using the mainline source. :)

I can't give it for you, because it have many modifications, but its easy to compile a new from novaline. If you have errors just link the libs properly:

1. Link every lib to UserInterface

2. Link EterLocale to Eterlib

Thanks, the problem i have with compiling novaline is that i dont know which VS Version i need, it would be great if anyone could tell me.

I know that mainline works with VS 2008 Sp1 but that does not work for novaline.

Thanks for your help again :)