i know i should make it to 40k but now i want use 34083

so i did all thing then level - exp
make max level 250 and work even if i did /level 250 work

but get exp error
mobs give exp not like the mob proto !

video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58IQ1jHh7Mg

Help ?

If you're going to do something, then do it right.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

12 answers to this question

I had the same issue when I was setting up my server.. and also note that at higher levels when people are leveling they can get negative XP and be unable to collect any more XP or gold until an admin comes and:

set playername exp -500000000

I was never able to fix it.. I started people at a higher level to get around the low level xp problem.. and for the other problem I just stayed active so I can fix their problem when they run into it.

I was never able to fix it.. I started people at a higher level to get around the low level xp problem.. and for the other problem I just stayed active so I can fix their problem when they run into it.

maybe a quest can do this for him

and this is a reason that made me hate 34k core

quest exp_fix begin
	state start begin
		when 9003.chat."EXP FIX" begin
			say("this should only be used if your exp is bugged")
			say("would you like to fix it?")
			local menu = select ("yes", "no")
				if menu == 1 then
					pc.give_exp2(-99999999999)
				elseif menu == 2 then
					return
				end
			end
		end
	end
end

^ the above is inefficent as it will check every time a mob is killed, athlough i hadn't thought of doing it that way.

use this instead -

quest minus_exp begin
    state start begin
        when login or kill with pc.get_exp() < 0 begin
            pc.give_exp2(-pc.get_exp())
        end
    end
end

loops actively run, meaning its consistently using resources. the code above only does it when the user is getting XP or logs in with the bug. if it's only happening on X map then just do this

quest minus_exp begin
    state start begin
        when login or kill with pc.get_exp() < 0 and pc.get_map_index == X begin
            pc.give_exp2(-pc.get_exp())
        end
    end
end

Uh no it says "when login or kill" so it constantly uses it because they are constantly killing.. and that's more actions per second.. not saying you're wrong about loop but that code above is on kill

maybe you didnt see this part, a loop will call something X times per second causing further resource usage, this just checks if it meets the criteria like 100's if not 1000's of other functions and event handlers are doing constantly.

"with pc.get_exp() < 0"

with programming, such as this any if, when, for statement is being checked as soon as one part doesn't meet the criteria for the event to go ahead it will stop, and return the memory until the previous circumstances are met again. with a loop, at least the type of loop you're talking about, it constantly consumes the computing resources.

anyway - meaningless argument because neither would cause any noticeable problems in server stability due to resource consumption.