What is it that makes Metin2 so enjoyable?

narcisxb

As per the title. What is it that makes this game so enjoyable to this very day? It s been almost two decades since it launched and it had like literally NOT ONE HUGE UPDATE (ofc the game had updates but they pale when comparing with MMORPGS like WOW, GuildWars or whatelse mainstream MMORPG) also the lore is - honestly - shit. It has nothing that would anchor the game in the present. It s so outdated it s not even funny yet people seem to enjoy it. Some even love it. Myself included, I don t play the game anymore but I swear to God there s no other game that gets me pumped as even thinking about Metin2 does.

So what is it? What mysterious force drives this game?

Edited by narcisxb
  • Love 1

• Forum Moderator

The game is simply enjoyable because it is plain a simple, the reward mechanics are good, the dungeons are getting better and better and there is this nostalgia effect. There isn't one simple thing, but the game is still good even though it lacks MAJOR updates that pushes it to the present.

Edited by Gurgarath
  • Love 1

Gurgarath
coming soon

• Premium

The fact that everyone can play it. It's easy to understand, not skill based, and if you had a privilege to play the game back in time around 2010 or so, you must have good memories. Actually the memories makes it good. The game itself is boring if you played it for a while. You can't improve after a certain point. So you repeat the same stuff. 

It's a very original and simple game at the same time.

The universe was quite original back at the time, the gameplay is fun and enjoyable (one of the best in the mmorpg scene).

If u give metin2 a good graphical update, the original story of the game + more classes and more possibility of customization, the game will rise again.