[40250] Reference Serverfile + Client + Src [15 Available Languages]

TMP4

• Contributor

Serverfile Updated!

Note: Starting 2021.08.01. I dropped version numbers, instead I'm using timestamps (date).

2021.08.01:

• Fixed some translate.lua lines (cz, tr) and removed all unnecessary starting spaces from every translate.lua in which it had. (Example: " something" --> "something")
  • Fixed Channel4's port numbers in serverside CONFIG files.
  • Fixed some EXCHANGE_TITLE in some locale_game.txt what blocked the trade window opening.

Uploading right now. Please give a couple minutes.

Edited by TMP4
  • Good 2
  • Love 2
  • Love 5

3 hours ago, TMP4 said:

Serverfile Updated!

Note: Starting 2021.08.01. I dropped version numbers, instead I'm using timestamps (date).

2021.08.01:

• Fixed some translate.lua lines (cz, tr) and removed all unnecessary starting spaces from every translate.lua in which it had. (Example: " something" --> "something")
  • Fixed Channel4's port numbers in serverside CONFIG files.
  • Fixed some EXCHANGE_TITLE in some locale_game.txt what blocked the trade window opening.

Uploading right now. Please give a couple minutes.

You're a great man, I'm looking forward to it. 

• Contributor
2 hours ago, Yalabi said:

Yo, I don't know if this has already been reassembled but it is impossible to attack on the mounts (ex: dragor 52105)

Hey, thanks. Dragor was probably released after r40250 that's why it's missing from the attack list. You can add to the mounts list in pvp.cpp svside and InstanceBase.cpp clientside to be able to attack: https://metin2.dev/board/topic/2045-add-new-mounts-to-attack-and-damage/

I'm gonna add them in the next release.

• Love 1

On 7/31/2021 at 3:29 PM, Bluddys said:

Hello everyone here,
I might have a stupid question and especially just a theoretical one. 
The game is designed in C ++ and python. When a lot of objects are displayed in the game, he has problems with FPS. The graphics are not very editable. I mean the resolution in the game (when the game is running), the distances of the objects, the quality of the objects, etc ... (example. My friends don't want to play the game just because it looks like.)

My main question is.
Has anyone tried to remake the client under a "Game Engine"?
I mean Unity engine or Unreal engine.

I understand that in this forum and especially here we talk about the client and server so that it comes as close as possible to the original without bugs and other things.
But from the original client, it might be better to start reworking the client into another "Engine".

Currently, I consider the possibility of redesigning the client under the "Unity" engine only as a theoretical question whether someone tried it or whether it would be at all.
I will be happy for any advice, and especially if someone has already tried this, so for the problems that have arisen or could arise.

PS: I apologize for my bad English.

• Good 1

On 7/31/2021 at 4:29 PM, Bluddys said:

Hello everyone here,
I might have a stupid question and especially just a theoretical one. 
The game is designed in C ++ and python. When a lot of objects are displayed in the game, he has problems with FPS. The graphics are not very editable. I mean the resolution in the game (when the game is running), the distances of the objects, the quality of the objects, etc ... (example. My friends don't want to play the game just because it looks like.)

My main question is.
Has anyone tried to remake the client under a "Game Engine"?
I mean Unity engine or Unreal engine.

I understand that in this forum and especially here we talk about the client and server so that it comes as close as possible to the original without bugs and other things.
But from the original client, it might be better to start reworking the client into another "Engine".

Currently, I consider the possibility of redesigning the client under the "Unity" engine only as a theoretical question whether someone tried it or whether it would be at all.
I will be happy for any advice, and especially if someone has already tried this, so for the problems that have arisen or could arise.

PS: I apologize for my bad English.

There is a paid plugin working on Graphics and Performance. I think it will be shared before 2022. You can find out the details when Lalaker1 Development publishes it. 

• Good 2

Hello there. I built the DumpProto Project inside the files. There is only one problem as seen in the video. I am using TR files. Why is this caused? 

Bkz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhF9lAqcX9o

Edit: No changes were made to the files (item_names.txt, item_proto.txt, mob_names.txt, mob_proto.txt). 

Edited by kaynanas
  • Metin2 Dev 8
  • Scream 2
  • Good 2
  • Love 1
  • Love 1

• Contributor
3 hours ago, kaynanas said:

Hello there. I built the DumpProto Project inside the files. There is only one problem as seen in the video. I am using TR files. Why is this caused? 

Bkz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhF9lAqcX9o

Edit: No changes were made to the files (item_names.txt, item_proto.txt, mob_names.txt, mob_proto.txt). 

Since I made all the client locale files via dump_proto I was sure it is working, but here's a video (TR names):

Please unpack the item_proto.txt, item_names.txt, and dump_proto again from the archive because as you see, it is working by default with the TR names.

Edited by TMP4
  • Metin2 Dev 3
  • Good 2
  • Love 1
  • Love 2

41 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

Since I made all the client locale files via dump_proto I was sure it is working, but here's a video (TR names):

Please unpack the item_proto.txt, item_names.txt, and dump_proto again from the archive because as you see, it is working by default with the TR names.

I still have the problem, but when I build it as a debug, the problem is solved. 

On 8/3/2021 at 4:57 PM, Cunoo said:
On 8/3/2021 at 4:01 AM, Ezequiel G. said:

This is not metin.. Only unreal engine with metin models..

Ezequiel G.
Thanks but as Cunoo say "This is not metin.. Only unreal engine with metin models.." and i agree with this. Maybe the person can do it, who knows?

I was thinking more of the implementation of the source code that is currently available. Not a complete rebuild without the original code.
Implementing the current server into such a client would be very difficult, despite the possible need to build a whole new server.
This is beyond the power of an individual programmer. And even more if I try do such this. 😀

23 hours ago, kaynanas said:

There is a paid plugin working on Graphics and Performance. I think it will be shared before 2022. You can find out the details when Lalaker1 Development publishes it. 

Thank, i will try find some info about it. 

• Good 1

Quests such as soul stone do not work. I took the file backups. I haven't seen anyone with such a problem on the internet. There are quests but they are useless.

What was done:

1-) Warehouse is set to 3 inventory.
2-) Mount rotation speed has been adjusted.
3-) Added Inventory with 5 Slots.
4-) K Inventory has been added.
5-) The sale of items from the K Inventory has been arranged.
6-) Skill Book/Soul Stone (x200) stacking has been adjusted.

Made: 

This is the hidden content, please

Backup: 

Edit: While many people add them with other src+files without any problems, such problems occur with the src+files you share. 

Edited by kaynanas
  • Metin2 Dev 38
  • Eyes 3
  • Angry 1
  • Think 1
  • Good 23
  • Love 2
  • Love 22

• Contributor
11 hours ago, kaynanas said:

Quests such as soul stone do not work. I took the file backups. I haven't seen anyone with such a problem on the internet. There are quests but they are useless.

What was done:

1-) Warehouse is set to 3 inventory.
2-) Mount rotation speed has been adjusted.
3-) Added Inventory with 5 Slots.
4-) K Inventory has been added.
5-) The sale of items from the K Inventory has been arranged.
6-) Skill Book/Soul Stone (x200) stacking has been adjusted.

Made: 

Backup: 

Edit: While many people add them with other src+files without any problems, such problems occur with the src+files you share. 

Soul stone..  ok i misread it to dragon soul upper but gonna check the soul stone soon. 

Edit: It only not work in the admin character. It is because there is a bugged/leftover quest state in navicat player.quest table so open it, look for training_grandmaster_skill  with character id 1 ([SA]Admin) and just delete it. @kaynanas

Soon I'll update the sf with this little change and the dragor attack.

Edit 2: Updated

2021.08.06: - Dragor (Wild, Brave) can attack now. (pvp.cpp serverside, InstanceBase.cpp clientside)
            - The Admin character could not use soul stone because of a bugged/leftover quest state,
              that is removed from player.quest table. (training_grandmaster_skill with char id 1)
            - Added missing locale_string value: "ą®Á¦ ŔÔ´Ď´Ů."; "OX-Question: "; for OX event.

Currently uploading, please give me a couple minutes.

Edited by TMP4
  • Metin2 Dev 4
  • Good 4
  • Love 1
  • Love 7

Can someone explain, how to install apache? 

Everytime i want to try to install apache it gives out the following error:

root@metin2:/usr/ports/www/apache24 # make install clean
===>  apache24-2.4.48 Invalid perl5 version 5.28.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/www/apache24

Portsnap is updated and fetched.

Edited by Kryto

9 hours ago, d3v3lop3rDE said:

Hello there!

Iam having a problem with these files on a VPS. The FreeBSD Version used is 12.2 (amd64). Iam missing several Libraries like libc++.so.1 or libmd.so.6. I have tried to install compat 5 to 9 from the ports but there were no changes. Can someone help me?

pkg install gcc

• Contributor
3 hours ago, d3v3lop3rDE said:

TMP4 would you mind sharing how you set up the vm and compiled the sources?

You can check the installed packages and their exact version via pkg info command. But be aware this source is i386 (x32), I'm not offering x64 port therefore you can't compile it 'as is' in a x64 system. (But the compiled binaries can run on x64 system of course)

If you need x64 port: https://metin2.dev/board/topic/26182-metin2-project-20141-kraizy-updated-edition/

• Metin2 Dev 3
  • Love 2

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.