collision and terrain attributes for mob

arlinamid

Question

I would like to improve my server source by banning monsters from colliding or entering inaccessible areas, making the game a little more lifelike, not being able to move mobs on the wall, and not being able to go to places that players can no longer reach. Since the server side does not contain this data, someone has some idea how I could insert it. In 2021, I think it’s okay if the game is a little more lifelike.

Edited by arlinamid

Best regards, Arlinamid

2 answers to this question

Are you using your own server_attr what you dumped with WE and are you using the block attribute on walls and building?

I just wondering what are you asking, improving the current system or you don't use the current system correctly and that's why you want to improve.

By the way if you use the current system correctly, mobs very very rarely go to inaccesible areas. Lots of people use blank server_attrs, or even if they use a good one they forgot to block buildings and walls and that's why mobs can reach that area.

Edited by TMP4
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TMP4 said:

Are you using your own server_attr what you dumped with WE and are you using the block attribute on walls and building?

I just wondering what are you asking, improving the current system or you don't use the current system correctly and that's why you want to improve.

By the way if you use the current system correctly, mobs very very rarely go to inaccesible areas. Lots of people use blank server_attrs, or even if they use a good one they forgot to block buildings and walls and that's why mobs can reach that area.

Oh i see what you say, so i have  modified server_attr with WE and for displaying  mobs correctly, but i think similar situation just like if you stay in forrest and using brave cape the mobs are going throw the hills to the player. or if you stay in room at using brave cape the mobs are come in from another room throw the wall.

Edited by arlinamid

Best regards, Arlinamid