Metin1 resource and development

• Wiki Manager
Posted (edited)

Hello maniacs,

I've made this post mostly to share knownledge, studies or questions about the Metin1 Server files (2008)

I personally tried, and failed, to start the files correctly on a modern FreeBSD machine (due to issues with localization) I suppose some patching to the game will be required to get that running.

This is the link to the server files:

If you install FreeBSD 5 + Mysql 4 it should work

I'll try to update this topic when I have time with some stuff I found on the files, but everyone can join I guess

Here's some stuff I've discovered:

Command lines

"(-- )( --)" -> full screen "( --)(-- )" -> windowed

Root files

if the file "newpatch.exe" is found, MTS will launch "MetinPatchUpdater.exe" This behavour is similar to what METIN2 does when it launches PatchUpdater.exe is newpatch.exe is found

if a file called "console" is found, MTS will create a probably DEBUG console

If you create a file called "patch.exe" MTS will try to move "patch.exe" into "metin.exe"

Tar unpacker

This is a quick python unpacker of MTS files https://github.com/arves100/MTS2_0.9.2/blob/main/tar_unpack.py

You can also find a complete explaination of the file format here: https://metin2.dev/wiki/index.php?title=TarPackage

Good luck with your experiments

Edited by arves100
  • Metin2 Dev 4
  • Love 1

Ripymir(2013)

• Wiki Manager
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Mali61 said:

This might be one of the many METIN1 servers around in china, I am unsure what client they use but it would be fun to login and try

Edited by arves100

Ripymir(2013)