Public Consultation - Trusted Third Party / Middleman

AZICKO

Public Consultation - Trusted Third Party / Middleman  

36 members have voted

1. 1. As a customer, would you trust Metin2 Dev as a trusted third party?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know / Not concerned
  2. 2. As a seller, would you trust Metin2 Dev as a trusted third party?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you think it can prevent scams and trouble?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Management

Hi,

I'm launching this thread to follow up on my previous post about the past year following the Metin2 Dev takeover, here. This message does not mean that it will happen, I want to get your opinions, your ideas on this idea which comes up regularly on the forum or on the discord.

• Why would a customer choose us to secure the transaction?
  • Why would a seller choose us to secure the transaction?
  • What does the customer and / or the seller gain?
  • How do you see the operation with a trusted third party in the transaction?
  • Your ideas, suggestions?

Sincerly,

ASIKOO

• Forum Moderator
  • Why would a customer choose us to secure the transaction?
  • Your ideas, suggestions?

That idea with a middleman in metin2 forums came from communities where everyone has access to sell something, even random members with accounts created minutes ago, where there're no filters.

The customer should build a relationship with the seller for getting good support in the future.

Doesn't have any relevance who will be scammed, the customer himself or the middleman, he'll be banned anyway if there's proof, which takes few seconds to do it, since we've already a special category that users won't be able to see it: Praises / Complaints - Metin2 Dev (You can write safely, only you and team members can see your topics.)

And the same, money will be lost anyway, it's irrelevant who will make the transaction (customer/middleman), if the seller is a scammer, then he would scam even the middleman.

These scammers changing their names every year like, so they don't care about a ban, even if you ban him in that forum, he'll get back with other names and so on, as an example you've ds_aim, who had over 10 names in the last years, but there weren't so many "public accusations", because customers were afraid to share conversations and others into a public topic. 

But now, that we have a special category for this, they just need a better "education" and encourage them to report those scammers/resellers.

Also, related to the forum itself, there's no possibility for the moment to talk about a "scammer" from Service Section, already we implemented a system in June 2020 that won't allow resellers/scammers/untrusted people/new accounts to join on that category.

The votes for implementing that rule were 75% but 90% in reality, there were some guys who voted for fun "No" and some of them from "enemy communities'.

The single method to be scammed right now in metin2dev, is via discord or PM.

You've to be careful when you buy from "random names" via those methods, but if something really happens, you've Praises / Complaints - Metin2 Dev.

You've to know that we can't do anything to get your money back, just ban that seller/account and that's all.

That's why I said, metin2 customers need education in marketing, not middleman's.

I met a lot of customers who didn't want to make any report because they've no time or don't care for 100€.

They've to make feedbacks, reports related to a bad experience with a seller. If they're true and there're some pieces of evidence, the seller will be banned in 12 hours for sure. 

Also, keep in mind the following things:

• There're sellers who don't give any .zip archive, in these times everyone has a different source with so many systems/features, there can't be done a full tutorial because of conflicts, so the seller has to implement it via his PC after the payment was done. A middleman in that situation is irrelevant (and to be honest, kinds of transactions like this are over 60% right now, excluded small features/systems).
  • A seller won't give a 'big' product which costs over 1-2k to a 'middleman'  + to a customer at the same time. That's a big disadvantage of a middleman, duplicated products. I won't trust any known member or part of the 'team' to give products like this. In the time the middleman will have products which are valuable to over 30.000€ +, I won't trust any virtual person. Yes, I assume that the customer can resell/public the product, but increasing the risks multiplied by two, I won't.

Your ideas, suggestions?

I'm PRO for it somehow, but self-education is the best, let's advertise and creating some tips/how-to avoid being scammed then, everything will be fine.

There should be advertised well, recently I spoke with a user that bought some 'systems' from a scammer than he didn't answer after the payment, he came to me to ask about him, then I showed to him the pillory list, he didn't know about that category, he just blocked him and moved on.

A middleman won't be there 24/7 for all metin2dev users.

With my idea of making tips/how-to for avoiding + a PRIVATE category of complaining about scammers/resellers, it's much better than middleman's and m2dev will gain a lot of popularity just because of that.

A customer should know how to do research, to find the best offer for him + [.....] a long list. There're many people who are selling the same product, he have to learn how to find the best one for his purposes.

In the end, that's just my opinion, as a person who had over 300 real customers in the last 6 years.

Edited by VegaS™
  • Not Good 1
  • Lmao 1
  • Love 3

• Premium

Hey-ho!

I would like to give my humble opinion about the middleman and the overall situation about buying/selling on the board.

VegaS already covered every point on why middleman would not be such a good idea and since the board team would be the one doing it, it is the very reason why he wrote a mega paragraph about it (most likely haha). Long story short, a middleman would not solve the scamming problem, at least not entirely. Also, I am sure if you do just a little internet search you will get a rough idea about the seller. Even so, you can always ask in Discord and most of the times people respond with their experience with the seller.

I think scamming is a long-gone problem. That being said, a much bigger problem is reselling/leaking sellers work which comes from the buyer’s side. I would suggest adding some more tools to the forum which will support both ends, buyers and sellers. A rating system where users would leave their opinion about the trade and rate overall experience. Maybe even append an average rating to the user’s profile so it would be easier for everyone to see if you belong to the angel's or devil's side.

There are countless ideas on how to tackle this problem, but I would not go for the middleman variant. Some kind of automated process would fit much better. 

Also, I've seen other people complaining (including me) about your conditions to be a seller. It is quite interesting to me that no new seller has been allowed to make a topic since the new rules came by. At such a pace scamming/reselling/leaking problems will eventually disappear so I guess there is that.

• Metin2 Dev 1

• Management
48 minutes ago, Sonitex said:

Hey-ho!

I would like to give my humble opinion about the middleman and the overall situation about buying/selling on the board.

VegaS already covered every point on why middleman would not be such a good idea and since the board team would be the one doing it, it is the very reason why he wrote a mega paragraph about it (most likely haha). Long story short, a middleman would not solve the scamming problem, at least not entirely. Also, I am sure if you do just a little internet search you will get a rough idea about the seller. Even so, you can always ask in Discord and most of the times people respond with their experience with the seller.

I think scamming is a long-gone problem. That being said, a much bigger problem is reselling/leaking sellers work which comes from the buyer’s side. I would suggest adding some more tools to the forum which will support both ends, buyers and sellers. A rating system where users would leave their opinion about the trade and rate overall experience. Maybe even append an average rating to the user’s profile so it would be easier for everyone to see if you belong to the angel's or devil's side.

There are countless ideas on how to tackle this problem, but I would not go for the middleman variant. Some kind of automated process would fit much better. 

Also, I've seen other people complaining (including me) about your conditions to be a seller. It is quite interesting to me that no new seller has been allowed to make a topic since the new rules came by. At such a pace scamming/reselling/leaking problems will eventually disappear so I guess there is that.

There are no new sellers because in general they are on the forum only to sell and I'm not interested. It has to be win-win.

I am happy to be able to read your opinions, do not hesitate, it's important. This topic can bring out ideas to put in place.

• Metin2 Dev 1
  • Not Good 1

• Premium
18 minutes ago, ASIKOO said:

There are no new sellers because in general they are on the forum only to sell and I'm not interested. It has to be win-win.

I am happy to be able to read your opinions, do not hesitate, it's important. This topic can bring out ideas to put in place.

I get it from where you are coming from with this but you made it a lose-lose situation if you ask me. Not sure how much thought you put into these new rules but as there are no sellers, there are even fewer buyers which means overall less active members. Also, people that do have open topics rarely post anything (not all). 

Won't bother you with this anymore. I just think you had a good idea, but bad execution. 

Peace ✌️

• Think 1
  • Love 1

OFF: This explain everything  "There are no new sellers because in general they are on the forum only to sell and I'm not interested. It has to be win-win." That forum had to be FREE only if they want to buy VIP or ADS u don't have the right to charge them for their sells content.

Seems no one of u read carefully what i say. didn't say anything ab a "middleman "  i'm not agree with that...basically the "middleman " will have everything for FREE.

What i means is a transaction between seller-buyers through a app forums where only the seller and buyer have access bcoz of "Trade request" .

Do you want to see new things?

-Yes

Make a Trade request features how M2D have, if they want to buy, buy through forum and if the seller will try to scam, he will be banned.

- What i'm meaning through forum?

After the payment was made the seller will accept his Trade request and give him the files link (https://file.io/) which after download is removed.

Or to be safe the buyer have 24h time to download the content ,after 24h the link will be removed even wasn't downloaded. But for that features u have to use their API (https://file.io/#api)

In case of chargeback idk...how many trade request u have that's mean u are a Trusted seller / buyer.

Regards.

• Love 1

• Management
1 minute ago, ⚡FlasH⚡ said:

OFF: This explain everything  "There are no new sellers because in general they are on the forum only to sell and I'm not interested. It has to be win-win." That forum had to be FREE only if they want to buy VIP or ADS u don't have the right to charge them for their sells content.

Seems no one of u read carefully what i say. didn't say anything ab a "middleman "  i'm not agree with that...basically the "middleman " will have everything for FREE.

What i means is a transaction between seller-buyers through a app forums where only the seller and buyer have access bcoz of "Trade request" .

Regards.

It remains free.

When I say win-win, I'm not talking about myself.

I want to prevent a member from using metin2dev to make money without sharing things for the community.

• Metin2 Dev 1