Jump to content
  • 0

Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost


Meliodas

Question

i get this error when i'm trying to open channels:

 

mysql_real_connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
   failed, retrying in 5 secondsmysql_real_connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
   failed, retrying in 5 secondsmysql_real_connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
   failed, retrying in 5 secondsmysql_real_connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
   failed, retrying in 5 secondsmysql_real_connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
   failed, retrying in 5 secondsmysql_real_connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
 

Link to post

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • VIP

Me thinking what kind of gif to use:

dumb homer simpson GIF

 

 

1 hour ago, Meliodas said:

i get this error when i'm trying to open channels:

 

mysql_real_connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
   failed, retrying in 5 secondsmysql_real_connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
   failed, retrying in 5 secondsmysql_real_connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
   failed, retrying in 5 secondsmysql_real_connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
   failed, retrying in 5 secondsmysql_real_connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
   failed, retrying in 5 secondsmysql_real_connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20353402/access-denied-for-user-testlocalhost-using-password-yes-except-root-user

Link to post
  • 0
  • VIP

Reset mysql password.

 

1./usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server stop
2.mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables &
3.mysql -u root
4.use mysql;
5.update user set password=PASSWORD("your_pass") where User='root';
6.flush privileges;
7.quit

8./usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server stop
9./usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server start
10.Reboot

 

Edited by Vaynz
Link to post
  • 0
12 hours ago, Vaynz said:

Reset mysql password.

 

1./usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server stop
2.mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables &
3.mysql -u root
4.use mysql;
5.update user set password=PASSWORD("your_pass") where User='root';
6.flush privileges;
7.quit

8./usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server stop
9./usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server start
10.Reboot

 

still not working :( 

Link to post
  • 0
  • VIP

Then try to make a new user and grant all privilegies.

But first of all try first time reboot vps and try again commands above.

Edited by Vaynz
Link to post
  • 0

Still not working, Dude, "And Why is it not working?"

maybe our Magical Glass-Bowl will tell us,

 

 

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server stop

mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables

mysql -u root

use mysql;

 

"Check all the Tables if they arent corrupted cause sometimes you cant change anything cause your tables havent got the right data / Are corrupted / Will not work properly"

 

CHECK TABLE table_name;

REPAIR TABLE table_name;

 

also use the command mysql_upgrade / mysqlcheck

In that case that you cant change the passwort you should have postet the Syserr wich is showed you after you inserted the commands above lul

Link to post
  • 0
5 hours ago, ToXiC4000 said:

Still not working, Dude, "And Why is it not working?"

maybe our Magical Glass-Bowl will tell us,

 

 

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server stop

mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables

mysql -u root

use mysql;

 

"Check all the Tables if they arent corrupted cause sometimes you cant change anything cause your tables havent got the right data / Are corrupted / Will not work properly"

 

CHECK TABLE table_name;

REPAIR TABLE table_name;

 

also use the command mysql_upgrade / mysqlcheck

In that case that you cant change the passwort you should have postet the Syserr wich is showed you after you inserted the commands above lul

https://imgur.com/iqafnMv

https://imgur.com/undefined 

not f* working 2 days -_- 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Activity

    1. 1

      Arrows with another weapons

    2. 0

      Client afk in background - Effects started to fun faster

    3. 1

      Arrows with another weapons

    4. 221

      WorldEditor ReMIX

    5. 31

      [FIX] Fixing Metin2 memory leaks

    6. 1

      Starting a metin2 server on a VPS ?

    7. 1

      Starting a metin2 server on a VPS ?

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Chatroom Rules

 

Join our Discord

A request for help = Shoutbox Ban

Be respectful & Respect the rules

 

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.