Help with compiling source.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, basforos said:

Cool, is GCC the only thing I need to compile source? If so, does the version matter?

compiler : gcc or clang(llvm)

and

makedepend

gmake

some server still using gcc49 and you cant build a gcc49 server source with gcc6 or newer version, you need to upgrade your codes.

if you dont have serversrc/extern folder, you need to install some packages;

cryptopp (dont use 'pkg install' command, use 'make install')

mysql or mariadb ( you cant use mysql8.0 or mariadb10.2 > +)

devil

boost

https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-9/changes.html

Edited by Denizeri24

1 hour ago, Denizeri24 said:

compiler : gcc or clang(llvm)

and

makedepend

gmake

some server still using gcc49 and you cant build a gcc49 server source with gcc6 or newer version, you need to upgrade your codes.

if you dont have serversrc/extern folder, you need to install some packages;

cryptopp (dont use 'pkg install' command, use 'make install')

mysql or mariadb ( you cant use mysql8.0 or mariadb10.2 > +)

devil

boost

https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-9/changes.html

That cleared lots of questions I have, thanks. Also, I do have extern folder, what am I supposed to do with it? What's its use?

12 hours ago, basforos said:

That cleared lots of questions I have, thanks. Also, I do have extern folder, what am I supposed to do with it? What's its use?

dont delete extern folder.

server source codes need extern folder because extern have some libs devil - mysql - boost - etc..

note : if you have 32 bit freebsd and 32 bit server files, you can delete extern folder(but you need to change all makefiles) and you can install libs with 'pkg install' command..

1 hour ago, Denizeri24 said:

dont delete extern folder.

server source codes need extern folder because extern have some libs devil - mysql - boost - etc..

note : if you have 32 bit freebsd and 32 bit server files, you can delete extern folder(but you need to change all makefiles) and you can install libs with 'pkg install' command..

Nice, thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

Also, is there any way for me to check from the files what libs I have to install etc? 

Edited by basforos