How do you configure your homeserver to your friends?

• Management

I currently have a server only for friends using ZeroTier. It can have up to 50 nodes for free (each node is a player, and one is the server) (we are only 10, but it's only for fun with my friends).

ZeroTier is a VPN service like Hamachi. The server is running on a virtual machine with VMware, only needed to have either a NAT NIC or a Bridged NIC, it only needs internet to access the ZeroTier network.

What is the advantage? You don't need to share your own IP or the need to open ports on the router.

• Good 1

raw

raw

• Premium
14 minutes ago, Karbust said:

I currently have a server only for friends using ZeroTier. It can have up to 50 nodes for free (each node is a player, and one is the server) (we are only 10, but it's only for fun with my friends).

ZeroTier is a VPN service like Hamachi. The server is running on a virtual machine with VMware, only needed to have either a NAT NIC or a Bridged NIC, it only needs internet to access the ZeroTier network.

What is the advantage? You don't need to share your own IP or the need to open ports on the router.

Thanks for your reply and ZeroTier suggestion but I need to configure the machine like oldschool way but i'cant figure it out which settings I need to use on network adapter and bsdconfig.

J9iOOVG.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

• Management
4 minutes ago, iRETEMAG said:

Thanks for your reply and ZeroTier suggestion but I need to configure the machine like oldschool way but i'cant figure it out which settings I need to use on network adapter and bsdconfig.

You need to create an account on ZeroTier's website, then you create a new network. You can also manage what network IP address range you want, it will use DHCP to assign an IP for each node.

When you install ZeroTier on FreeBSD you use the zerotier-cli to join the network (if the network is set to private you first need to add the client node id to the network in order to be able to join).

You may need to do this: https://funky-emu.net/topic/23304-c-installer-un-proxy-ip-sur-votre-game/

I haven't tested without it, not sure if it works or not.

You'll need to use this on the CONFIG's (change with the IP assign to your VM from ZeroTier):

PUBLIC_IP: 192.168.196.123
INTERNAL_IP: 192.168.196.123
PROXY_IP: 192.168.196.123

raw

raw

• Premium
1 minute ago, Karbust said:

You need to create an account on ZeroTier's website, then you create a new network. You can also manage what network IP address range you want, it will use DHCP to assign an IP for each node.

When you install ZeroTier on FreeBSD you use the zerotier-cli to join the network (if the network is set to private you first need to add the client node id to the network in order to be able to join).

You may need to do this: https://funky-emu.net/topic/23304-c-installer-un-proxy-ip-sur-votre-game/

I haven't tested without it, not sure if it works or not.

You'll need to use this on the CONFIG's (change with the IP assign to your VM from ZeroTier):

PUBLIC_IP: 192.168.196.123
INTERNAL_IP: 192.168.196.123
PROXY_IP: 192.168.196.123

NO ZEROTIER PLS 👃

• Management
1 minute ago, iRETEMAG said:

NO ZEROTIER PLS 👃

You'll need the tutorial I gave you on funky emu. Use the virtual machine with a Bridged NIC and set the IP either to DHCP or a static IP on your own IP range.

You'll only need the INTERNAL_IP and the PROXY_IP.

You'll also need to open ports on your router and maybe a good idea to use No-IP just in case you have a Dynamic IP.

• Good 1

raw

raw

• Premium
5 minutes ago, Karbust said:

You'll need the tutorial I gave you on funky emu. Use the virtual machine with a Bridged NIC and set the IP either to DHCP or a static IP on your own IP range.

You'll only need the INTERNAL_IP and the PROXY_IP.

You'll also need to open ports on your router and maybe a good idea to use No-IP just in case you have a Dynamic IP.

Thank you for your reply :D (check the MP)

Edited by iRETEMAG