Running the game on dedicated gpu

Speachless

Question

• VIP

No matter the settings i do make i can't run my server on the dedicated laptop's gpu. However, i've seen one server that runs directly on gpu with no problems.

I am paying for this.

4 answers to this question

That's because your client have directx8 (it's an entire explanation somewhere on stackoverflow).

That server you saw that run directly on GPU have directx9 (you talking about wom probably).

I tried to force the metin on GPU some time ago but you simply can't do it without upgrading to directx9.

• Metin2 Dev 1
  • VIP
37 minutes ago, Johnny69 said:

That's because your client have directx8 (it's an entire explanation somewhere on stackoverflow).

That server you saw that run directly on GPU have directx9 (you talking about wom probably).

I tried to force the metin on GPU some time ago but you simply can't do it without upgrading to directx9.

Thank you

• VIP

add this to your UserInterface.cpp;

// Force dedicated GPU
extern "C" {
    _declspec(dllexport) DWORD NvOptimusEnablement = 0x00000001;
    __declspec(dllexport) int AmdPowerXpressRequestHighPerformance = 1;
}

can't say if it works or not

• VIP
Posted (edited)

It requires directx9. You can upgrade your source to dx9 or you can use a temporary upgrade from reshade (the dx8 to dx9 wrapper) 

Edited by Speachless