new monster/metin

hello guys

i want so ask something ,  

i want to install new mobs in metin  but the wont work the game crash evry time when i try

so i wana make sure iam doing right

-

when you add monster  you have to

1 add his file in game / monster2

2 add his info in  mobs_proto/ in local  and root

3 add his id in /NPCLIST inside the root

4 add his mob_names/proto inside server side / in conf

thats all right??

and pleas  if some one know a video how or something ..  make a commint

thank you -

• Good 1

Hello, the steps for installing a new monster/NPC in your server as are follows:

1. Add monster folder in your pack in monster.eix/.epk(or where you have monster data in client).

!! Attention: You have to check the Texture Path with Granny Viewer and put the monster in that location, otherwise your monster will be white(you cand find more about this in other threads I guess).

2. Add info in npclist.txt, if the monster will be located in D:/ymir work/monster/my_monster for example, you will just put the vnum and monster's folder name, example:

249   my_monster

Where 249 is vnum and my_monster is monster's folder name. You will use TAB to make space between 249 and my_monster.

If you make a subfolder in D:/ymir work/monster/ you have to add it in npclist.txt too, as follows:

Let's take this path as an example:

D:/ymir work/monster/my_collection/my_monster/

Normally, the game will search for "my_monster.msm" in D:/ymir work/monster/, but if you make a new sub folder you have to tell the game where to search for that in npclist:

At the top of npclist.txt we will write:

0    my_monster   my_collection\my_monster

With this, we tell the game to search for my_monster IN MY_COLLECTION SUB-FOLDER.

After that, we go little bit down and we put

249   my_monster.

Ok, so let' say everything is ok until here... the rest is gonna be pretty easy.

3. You have to put your monster's data in mob_names/mob_proto;

!!!! You have to put your monster's folder name in FOLDER category of your monster from mob_proto!

If it is a NPC or a static thing like a metin stone, it is not needed! otherwise you have to put it!

Also, you have to put the folder with your monster's data in server in share/data/monster.

Use dump_proto to make the mob_proto for client too(I assume you use 40k serverfiles) and you are done, I guess..

If I missed anything, may someone correct me.

If there is anything you do not understand or you encounter any problem, I would gladly ask.

Sincerely,

regal.

• Good 1
  • Love 3

22 hours ago, regal said:

Hello, the steps for installing a new monster/NPC in your server as are follows:

1. Add monster folder in your pack in monster.eix/.epk(or where you have monster data in client).

!! Attention: You have to check the Texture Path with Granny Viewer and put the monster in that location, otherwise your monster will be white(you cand find more about this in other threads I guess).

2. Add info in npclist.txt, if the monster will be located in D:/ymir work/monster/my_monster for example, you will just put the vnum and monster's folder name, example:

249   my_monster

Where 249 is vnum and my_monster is monster's folder name. You will use TAB to make space between 249 and my_monster.

If you make a subfolder in D:/ymir work/monster/ you have to add it in npclist.txt too, as follows:

Let's take this path as an example:

D:/ymir work/monster/my_collection/my_monster/

Normally, the game will search for "my_monster.msm" in D:/ymir work/monster/, but if you make a new sub folder you have to tell the game where to search for that in npclist:

At the top of npclist.txt we will write:

0    my_monster   my_collection\my_monster

With this, we tell the game to search for my_monster IN MY_COLLECTION SUB-FOLDER.

After that, we go little bit down and we put

249   my_monster.

Ok, so let' say everything is ok until here... the rest is gonna be pretty easy.

3. You have to put your monster's data in mob_names/mob_proto;

!!!! You have to put your monster's folder name in FOLDER category of your monster from mob_proto!

If it is a NPC or a static thing like a metin stone, it is not needed! otherwise you have to put it!

Also, you have to put the folder with your monster's data in server in share/data/monster.

Use dump_proto to make the mob_proto for client too(I assume you use 40k serverfiles) and you are done, I guess..

If I missed anything, may someone correct me.

If there is anything you do not understand or you encounter any problem, I would gladly ask.

Sincerely,

regal.

thank you for the replay

i do know most of that my monster is like any other monster ... but

my problem is not how to add monster

you see i dawnload metin2 client with( sql and game) files  with anonther file inside it (dumb_proto and  item/mob_proto and item/mob_names)

so you can but them in serverside  and i did and it works 100%

but when i dumb the mob_proto.txt and mob_name.txt  to clientside mob_proto  and save them in loacle  when i log in it crash

charecters in login menu the have no armors or sash when chose charecter  it load and then crash without going in

so i i dont know why or how to fix that or what is the problem

again _____  i dont add anything i just repack the mob_proto.txt and mob_names.txt  the one there shuld be inside server side

bath / usr/game/share/conf

is that okay ??

and thank you and hope for replay cuz iam stuck there

It depends.. what serverfile are you using, may I ask? It happened just after you installed a new serverfile? Or it is a long time since you worked with same files and this happened? A lot of files on the internet are pretty.. trashy and they have a lot of bugs from the start, that's why it is important to tell us this first and after we move on. 

If I understood correctly, you didn't change anything in your proto, you just repacked the original one that came with your files? 

In that case the problem would be in the files. 

Please note that some files have the mob/item encryption changed a little bit and they have a custom dump_proto, so you should use the dump_proto that came with your files. 

Another thing you can try, take the item/mob proto from another serverfile(! just for test) and test it, an official one is preffered. If things are good, then the problem is with the mob proto that you are using right now(it could be also bad encoding). 

Try to use Excel when editing mob_proto.txt and after you change anything, press save(ctrl + s), it will ask you if you want to keep the same encoding, press yes. It is also more convenient to work with Excel as all the columns are arranged nicely, despite notepad. 

Maybe you can also post a video and syserr server/client, eventually syslog from server. 

Best regards, 

regal

• Love 1

12 hours ago, regal said:

It depends.. what serverfile are you using, may I ask? It happened just after you installed a new serverfile? Or it is a long time since you worked with same files and this happened? A lot of files on the internet are pretty.. trashy and they have a lot of bugs from the start, that's why it is important to tell us this first and after we move on. 

If I understood correctly, you didn't change anything in your proto, you just repacked the original one that came with your files? 

Please note that some files have the mob/item encryption changed a little bit and they have a custom dump_proto, so you should use the dump_proto that came with your files. 

Another thing you can try, take the item/mob proto from another serverfile(! just for test) and test it, an official one is preffered. If things are good, then the problem is with the mob proto that you are using right now(it could be also bad encoding). 

Try to use Excel when editing mob_proto.txt and after you change anything, press save(ctrl + s), it will ask you if you want to keep the same encoding, press yes. It is also more convenient to work with Excel as all the columns are arranged nicely, despite notepad. 

Maybe you can also post a video and syserr server/client, eventually syslog from server. 

Best regards, 

regal

iam using turkey files  they used too call ( frozen files)

you see i dont care about files but i found there so eazy to work with and the already have full pack -- clint - sql-game and dump_proto

but you see the dump_proto sayes  ( The code execution canot proceed becase MSVCR120D.dll  was not found .

i dont know what is that

but you sayed every item/mob_proto come with him dump_proto he did came but like i sayed MSVCR120D.dll was not found

i think he is the problem  cuz i dawonloaded random dump_proto and i think that why it crash

i will send vedeo to you about the files and maby you know how to make path

thank you

13 hours ago, regal said:

Best regards, 

regal

i think the problem from the dumb-proto

this is vedeo on youtube i make for you

hope you can help me what to do or where to but the mob_proto.txt to dump them right

www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7hq5UGRiWA

Edited by LinG

• Contributor

Install VC++ for VS2013 and it should be fine.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

A simple search on google would've brought you the solution: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23114427/vs2012-msvcr120d-dll-is-missing

• Metin2 Dev 1

13 hours ago, Amun said:

A simple search on google would've brought you the solution: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23114427/vs2012-msvcr120d-dll-is-missing

13 hours ago, Amun said:

i did many google and youtupe search and .

i install all of this 

but didnt work

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Amun said:

That's pretty much impossible :))

Did you restart you pc as well ?(I had to ask, sorry)

Try something else: download the dll and put it in the folder with dump_proto

will i restart the pc more then 30 time in the last 2 day  (XD)  

but what you mean by dawnload the dll and put it in folder of the dump_PROTO

again i hope you watch this link  www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7hq5UGRiWA

is the path do make matter in stuff like dumbing and like that ?

(( and iam pretty sure that i want to sve all my work and remove window and dawnload another one

but i dont have time now xd ))

thank you for replaying