Problem DDS 3DS MAX

Hello all,

I have a problem with using .dds files on 3DS max.

When i applying a texture on my model it's work but i can't see it.

screen:

spacer.png

When I export it, that give me a non-textured model like this:

spacer.png

If someone can help me, i would be grateful, thank's a lot !

Edited by Alucard
showing images

• Bot

the fact that you are using a very old version is... ye... "why dont you just use a newer" but well ok

to apply textures right:

use the path D:\ymir work\item\

in that folder your texture should be there, just drop the texture from there onto your texturewrapper into 3dsmax and export the granny file, test it ingame not on the gr2viewer cause often windows just dont reloading the caches from the textures. "means your granny viewer will show you for example its white or its black but if you look under textures you see that your texturepath is right" just pack all the stuff into your client with the right paths and it should work

also check that the granny version is the same as your exporter is cause if you have like exporting 2.9 and your client is using in the granny.dll the version 2.4 it might be invisible if you have more questions about it dc: ToXiC4k#9214

• Love 1

english_banner.gif

23 minutes ago, ToXiC4000 said:

the fact that you are using a very old version is... ye... "why dont you just use a newer" but well ok

to apply textures right:

use the path D:\ymir work\item\

in that folder your texture should be there, just drop the texture from there onto your texturewrapper into 3dsmax and export the granny file, test it ingame not on the gr2viewer cause often windows just dont reloading the caches from the textures. "means your granny viewer will show you for example its white or its black but if you look under textures you see that your texturepath is right" just pack all the stuff into your client with the right paths and it should work

also check that the granny version is the same as your exporter is cause if you have like exporting 2.9 and your client is using in the granny.dll the version 2.4 it might be invisible if you have more questions about it dc: ToXiC4k#9214

First of all thank u for time and your long message

I can also use Max 2011 but I started with 2007 that's why !

spacer.png

I see the texture but do u think that will work in-game ?

Thank's for your help bro !

• Bot

as i said Use the Right path,

if you dont have a D Storage drive create one by using an usb stick or something else

paste the texture into the right Path for example D : ymir work \ Item \ yourfolder \ yourtexture.dds

also just paste the texture From the Right Path into 3dsmax

pack those into your client or use it directly while have the path active

english_banner.gif

2 minutes ago, ToXiC4000 said:

as i said Use the Right path,

if you dont have a D Storage drive create one by using an usb stick or something else

paste the texture into the right Path for example D : ymir work \ Item \ yourfolder \ yourtexture.dds

also just paste the texture From the Right Path into 3dsmax

pack those into your client or use it directly while have the path active

Thank's for your answer, I already do that.

I'm using an USB to see the texture, i will contact you on discord if have any questions about this subject, thank's !