VDI FreeBSD 12.1 / Compilable Sources

Distraught

• Honorable Member

M2 Download Center

This is the hidden content, please
( Internal )

Heys guys,

I just realized that so many of you still using that vdi from 2014 with an old bsd and an old gcc that was not even c++11 compatible. So that I just created a new image with a fresh FreeBSD (12.1) having gcc 9 and without an Extern directory (all externals are installed from pkg repo). I put on some (I think) unmodified sources that can be compiled on it but you can upload your own files there.

I hope it will make many of yours life easier!

Download: 

Spoiler

username: root

password: admin

• Metin2 Dev 294
  • kekw 4
  • Eyes 6
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislove 7
  • Angry 2
  • Not Good 2
  • Sad 3
  • Cry 1
  • Smile Tear 2
  • Think 11
  • Confused 2
  • Scream 4
  • Lmao 5
  • Good 170
  • muscle 1
  • Love 33
  • Love 302

WRnRW3H.gif

• Honorable Member

For those who need it I uploaded some (I think) unmodified basic sources for client binary that will definitely work with the server binary on the vdi: https://distraught.hu/download/m2dev/client_binary.rar

You will need to have boost somewhere on your PC and adjust the path of that in Properties (img below to help).

I compiled it with VS2019 (msvc142) so you should have no problem if you do so.

how_to_change_boost_path.png

(I made this screenshot after deleting the project and opening one of my current projects so you won't find the Tracking there)

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 17
  • Good 6
  • Love 3

WRnRW3H.gif

• 1 month later...
  • Developer

Good sharing

@dylanbab22

If you use compatible files you will not have learned anything.
There are many guides explaining how to bring any file to the next gcc, why don't you give it a try? if you have problems open a post I try to help you

Edited by Mitachi
  • Good 1

503953077003354113.png

• 4 months later...
  • Contributor

Hi @Distraught i tried this VM. I did not modified anything just removed #define ENABLE_LIMIT_TIME, nothing else since you already fixed the 192.168 adresses. The game & db not starting when i try a ./db & and ./game &. There is no message in the console, and a game.core is generated. However I can't use them for debugging because pkg's gdb is not compatible with 12.1, message: ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/bin/gdb: Undefined symbol "pthread_setname_np@FBSD_1.6" 1.6 means FreeBSD 13 so something got wrong in the ports because it is 12.1.

Can you try to start your vm, compile the game and just try to run it even in /usr/src/game folder? It should generate at least a syserr/version.txt or should give some error like missing CONFIG if it works, or give nothing like me. But once again i really just removed limit time so i don't think i screwed anything, also i did not even touched the db and that's not starting too.

Edited by TMP4

• Developer

@TMP4 I can't tell you why you don't start the game without a gdb, but I can tell you that the gdb problem you encountered does not come from the compilation the game file has undergone, but your jail is "badly updateds or not updates" as it is missing that flag required by gdb, probably in the latest versions

You could try updating your freebsd

Edited by Mitachi

503953077003354113.png

• Contributor
8 hours ago, Mitachi said:

@TMP4 I can't tell you why you don't start the game without a gdb, but I can tell you that the gdb problem you encountered does not come from the compilation the game file has undergone, but your jail is "badly updateds or not updates" as it is missing that flag required by gdb, probably in the latest versions

You could try updating your freebsd

Bruh i just wanted to say gdb fcked up on this 12.1 vm so i can't provide a gdb (bt full) log. 

Of course i start the game and db by ./game and ./db.

Edited by TMP4

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2020 at 1:55 PM, Distraught said:

M2 Download Center

( Internal )

Heys guys,

I just realized that so many of you still using that vdi from 2014 with an old bsd and an old gcc that was not even c++11 compatible. So that I just created a new image with a fresh FreeBSD (12.1) having gcc 9 and without an Extern directory (all externals are installed from pkg repo). I put on some (I think) unmodified sources that can be compiled on it but you can upload your own files there.

Download: 

Hide contents

Thanks for sharing it, is it a 32-bit version? Can gcc7 be installed in this version?

• Metin2 Dev 7
  • Confused 1
  • Good 5
  • Love 2

• 1 year later...
  • Premium
3 hours ago, Domik309 said:

Hi, can i get full list of installed apps/ports on this BSD? bc i need more swap???

https://metin2.download/picture/Ct8GkfWH03i6KQUeCn066K0qCRmrd47s/.png

pkg info shows you the list of packages installed

• 1 year later...
On 11/8/2020 at 5:55 PM, Distraught said:

M2 Download Center

Hidden Content

• Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.
( Internal )

Heys guys,

Download: 

Hidden Content

• Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Reveal hidden contents

Hello!

I have an idiot question...

so i downloaded and run the vdi with oracle, but i can not connect filezilla.. how do i connect with and whats the id/pw or ip ..

i dont even know what did i fail...

thanks in advance !

Edited by asdasd1234

• 5 weeks later...

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.