[Question]Random client crash with no syserr

Go to solution Solved by AZICKO,

Hello, metin2dev community!

I'm encountering a very strange problem with a new serverfile I'm working on.

Sometimes, when I change the character or I teleport etc, right after the loading screen the client crashes.

I get no syserr in the serverside(also the syslog looks ok) or clientside, only a minidump generated by the client with this error:

Unhandled exception at 0x007A89BE (Metin2Client.exe) in metin2client_40999_20201017_200808.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x03C00000.

I tried turning off the antivirus(I thought that maybe it's using some files or detecting them as virus and that is the cause, but nothing changed).

If I unpack the client in D:/ymir work it doesn't crash anymore.

Does anyone have any idea..?

Thank you!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Management
  • Solution

In Visual Studio, after debugging, I came up to this:

Metin2Client.exe!memcpy(unsigned char * dst, unsigned char * src, unsigned long count) Line 194.

But I don't know how to find out actually  where is this line located.

In Debug version of the client there's no crash.

EDIT:

The topic can be closed now.

After playing around with some things, even though the debug outcome didn't bring me any result I've found the problem.

Actually, it was only a problem about the loading and loading bar images, i don't know why this happened.

I replaced the images with mine and moved them into locale(they were in ETC/UI before) and the problem is gone(yay).

Thank you for the answer ASIKOO, at least now I've learned a new thing(that you can live debug metin2).

Sincerely,

regal.

Edited by regal
Found out the answer, yay