• We need you!

You must register to discover all the features of our community!

locale_string.txt ENCODING PROBLEM

GoldCash

Question

Hi community,
I have such a pretty tricky problem with locale_string.txt, I need to translate the word into Czech, which means I have to have diacritics in this file. I can easily save this file as UTF8, but the server always takes the original translation, but if I leave it in the EUC-KR encoding, the translation will remain without diacritics..

Could you help me with this problem?

5 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Kafa said:

you need to use the relative locale for correct charset 

It doesn't matter what I use it always happens the same thing

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, GoldCash said:

Hi community,
I have such a pretty tricky problem with locale_string.txt, I need to translate the word into Czech, which means I have to have diacritics in this file. I can easily save this file as UTF8, but the server always takes the original translation, but if I leave it in the EUC-KR encoding, the translation will remain without diacritics..

Could you help me with this problem?

Hey there, I had same issue and i managed to solve it by replacing the locale_string.txt with my original one (untouched). After I opened it only with internal notepad made the editing and it worked out, not only cz, but several other languages with diacritics  like tr de it etc... (never use notepad ++ or other editor on locale_string, ONLY use internal winscp editor)

Edit: oh, one more thing ... dont download the locale_string on your pc/laptop etc, do the editing on server side.

This is not a fix, but it solve my problem, and I hope it will solve your's as well. 

Edited by joint4 (see edit history)
Posted (edited)

UTF8? For Czech?! xd

Try use brain...

Use charset windows1250 (Central European) and save as charset no instadead save..

Edit: CZ - UTF8 neumí diakritiku je to mezinárodní univerzal.. Musíš použít charset co jsem ti napsal a před zápisem prvně otevři locale_string.txt - já používám sublime místo notepadu.. V něm dej reopen with encoding.. Dej windows1250.. Zapiš si vše co chceš a pak to s tím ulož..

Edited by Cunoo (see edit history)
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Cunoo said:

UTF8? For Czech?! xd

Try use brain...

Use charset windows1250 (Central European) and save as charset no instadead save..

Edit: CZ - UTF8 neumí diakritiku je to mezinárodní univerzal.. Musíš použít charset co jsem ti napsal a před zápisem prvně otevři locale_string.txt - já používám sublime místo notepadu.. V něm dej reopen with encoding.. Dej windows1250.. Zapiš si vše co chceš a pak to s tím ulož..

Toto už jsem zkoušel s více editorama a nic se nezměnilo, akorát to ve hře začalo psát korejský znaky
Tak nevím jak, ale nakonec se to rozjelo :D

Edited by GoldCash
SOLVED - THX Cunoo & joint4 (see edit history)