Missing Icon Image

M2 Download Center

This is the hidden content, please
( Internal )

Hello Guys! 

I was so frustated with my syserr floods (%s ĆÄŔĎŔĚ ľř˝Ŕ´Ď´Ů.CItemData::__SetIconImage) when an item has no icon. 

With this correction the client will only notice you once per item that has no image, and set a default icon for them, so you can drop it to the ground from your inventory, instead of giving attention to make them a new icon, or copy/paste an existing image.

Spoiler

In GameLib/ItemData.h search:

TraceError("%s ĆÄŔĎŔĚ ľř˝Ŕ´Ď´Ů.CItemData::__SetIconImage",c_szFileName);
m_pIconImage = NULL;

And replace m_pIconImage = NULL; with:

m_pIconImage = (CGraphicSubImage*)CResourceManager::Instance().GetResourcePointer("icon/item/blank.tga");

Download:

This is the hidden content, please

Again, is not a big deal and my English is bad as always ?
Have a nice day guys! ?

• Metin2 Dev 35
  • Angry 1
  • Not Good 1
  • Think 1
  • Good 12
  • Love 1
  • Love 19

There was a solution for this in the files of Martino. 

m_pIconImage = NULL;
#ifdef ENABLE_LOAD_ALTER_ITEMICON
        static const char* c_szAlterIconImage = "icon/item/27995.tga";
        if (CResourceManager::Instance().IsFileExist(c_szAlterIconImage))
            m_pIconImage = (CGraphicSubImage*)CResourceManager::Instance().GetResourcePointer(c_szAlterIconImage);
#endif
Edited by Tunga
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Cunoo said:

Why? Just repair item_list.txt... Client is not trash can..

19 hours ago, Zeke said:

Better let a bug crash your client than fixing it with that "fixing" lines. can item been with blank image? logic says no. let it crash to find where you missing files ^^

Client still inform you that you have icon problems with xy item, and your client won't crash bcs of this small "error". This correction is just for not flooding it every second if you have missing icon. It will inform you once, and set a default image for it as I mentioned before. ?

Edited by Heathcliff™
  • Love 1

• Bronze
4 hours ago, Heathcliff™ said:

Client still inform you that you have icon problems with xy item, and your client won't crash bcs of this small "error". This correction is just for not flooding it every second if you have missing icon. It will inform you once, and set a default image for it as I mentioned before. ?

Its good idea to help someone like that. on my project tho that i want everything under control i would like a logic bug (logic because you can't have an item with out an image) to crash. so i would throw an errror there ^^ its just different point of view. your idea is good tho for the other ones than me :P 

• Love 1

Untitled.png

• 2 years later...

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.