best server specs for metin2 ?

• Premium

hello 

im wondering what are the best specs on a server that are required to run metin2 smoothely for a server with 500 players online 

also what hosting company is the best 

and what do you think about this server for example

https://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/advance/adv-limited-edition/

• Lmao 1

• Premium

First of all, you should be aware that metin2 is not the greatest thing when it comes to multithreading so you should always look for something that has higher CPU Clock Speed rather than more cores at low freq. I'd clearly say a big no to OVH ever since they would legally work with anyone including gameforge themselves. 

However some of my recommendations are:
FastPipe
Zap-Hosting
Contabo
ReliableSite

Tried them all and the best out of them all i'd say it is fastpipe and reliable, they all offer freebsd images and the prices are great.

• Love 1

Engineer @ CNH Industrial

• Premium
17 hours ago, xAres said:

First of all, you should be aware that metin2 is not the greatest thing when it comes to multithreading so you should always look for something that has higher CPU Clock Speed rather than more cores at low freq. I'd clearly say a big no to OVH ever since they would legally work with anyone including gameforge themselves. 

However some of my recommendations are:
FastPipe
Zap-Hosting
Contabo
ReliableSite

Tried them all and the best out of them all i'd say it is fastpipe and reliable, they all offer freebsd images and the prices are great.

thank you for your reply , is 32 Ram enough for a server with 500 players online ? also taking NVMe or SSD would make any difference in the performance ? 

Edited by blw

• Premium
6 hours ago, blw said:

thank you for your reply , is 32 Ram enough for a server with 500 players online ? also taking NVMe or SSD would make any difference in the performance ? 

Yeah it is enough and SSD/NVME >HDD, depends on how much resources your server usually eats on stand-by. Also @SergiuAndreiM you should wake up really quick because that was in your dreams probably. 

Engineer @ CNH Industrial